Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Bikes you currently own that you'll never sell
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Got a Planet X Jack Flash RAD frame that I will never part will. Not built up currently but gets rebuilt in to new bikes periodically. First proper jump / DH frame i owned and bombproof.

wl
    Free Member

26″ Five. New one might be quicker on certain trails, but it can’t be any more fun. This thing blows me away every time I ride it.

will
    Free Member

Giant XTC Composite – Mainly because I was given the frame and there is a nice dint in the top tube:

brakes
    Free Member

all of them… after getting a bit slap-dash with buying and selling bikes a few years back I decided to keep every frame that I buy.
    I probably wouldn’t keep a whole bike if I wasn’t using it but I would keep the frame.
    I don’t buy particularly expensive frames too, which helps.

nacho
    Free Member

The bike that got me back into biking, one of the first Whyte 19’s (2005 I think) I finally cracked the frame last year, still got a discounted “warranty” replacement through ATB (what fantastic service Whyte / ATB offer) and the frame is now hung on the garage wall.

Vern0n
    Free Member

My ’99 Zaskar. It still rides good without the rose tinted memory that affects many bikes from years gone by!

Some yummy Konas guys – defo would be keeping them.

Pickle – nice Goose!

Kato

My 98 Kula. It’s a bare frame at the moment since the Love/Hate replaced it on singlespeed duties. Will do something with it but I won’t be be selling it even if I just hang it on the wall of my garage!

P20

My P20. It reminds me of the bikes that really got me into this in a big way. It doesn’t get ridden much these days, but its still great to ride and dan quick

Ritchey P20 by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

globalti
    Free Member

My titanium Global with original Hope minis and Suntour XC Pro thumbies. I ought to sell it because I haven’t ridden it for over a year but I can’t bring myself to do it.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

My evil sovereign. Never never never.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

2006? 853 Inbred, been through a few incarnations, snapped once, just freshly all painted 69er. My only MTB at the moment.

Haze

My Simple, 26″ of loveliness 🙂

maximusmountain
    Free Member

My 1993 rockhopper comp, all original parts bar the mud guards, one of the tubes, saddle and seat post because they were stolen one night (yes including the brake blocks, tyres and still one of the tubes). It may get built into a period build after my university but it is far too small for me so may end up being cleaned up and retired on the wall.

My forme hiver cx will also be ridden to death until the frame disintegrates and then it will end up on a wall with all of the achievements it has managed around it. (The fred, soon to be the 3pcx, HONC when I can manage it)

dan86
    Free Member

For years I have wanted an old 5 with the straight top tube, but built into a new build. Finished earlier this year, I’ll ride it ’til it dies 😉

matther01
    Free Member

My MK3 Soul…perfect from the start.

mattbee

My 1992 Klein Fervor. Still a lovely bike to ride, if a little harsh.
    This will never leave my possession willingly as it holds so many memories in it’s chunky,glittery red tubes…

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve just been trying to sell my cappuccino mark II Soul.. I’ve finally admitted to myself that it’s never going to happen 😀

riderideride
    Free Member

2009 stumpy custom build
    PS. why is this site’s pic upload so Haward??

tomhoward

*Wonders if hora has even bothered to look at this thread, much less thought about contributing…*

samuri
    Free Member

Mr Jumpy.

middle fingers by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

They’ll have to bury me with it.

MarinNo8
    Free Member

Rather old school but it fits me like a glove and I love it.

edit- another unsuccessful attempt to post a picture!

slimjim78
    Free Member

on one 853 SS limited edition from 06?
    just because it works for me and i’ve had more fun riding than any other bike Ive ridden

+1. Im with you brother.

simmy
    Free Member

My 1988 Raleigh Team MTB.

Nowt special, but Nan bought it me and she is in Hospital at the moment with Pnemonia so its touch and go as she is 91 so it means a lot to me.

matther01
    Free Member

Simmy – all the best for your nan…don’t know what I’d do without mine, and she bought me my first bike too.

fizzicist
    Free Member

My Mk3 Soul will have to be removed from my cold dead hands. It flits from being a burly 140mm beast with 2.5″ tractor tyres to a flighty XC machine. Love it.

I ride my 29er more these days but the Soul is just the most fun thing I’ve ever ridden*.

*With the possible exception of the lass who lived over the road from me in 1999.

simmy
    Free Member

Simmy – all the best for your nan…don’t know what I’d do without mine, and she bought me my first bike too.

Cheers.

Yeah it’s a bit heartbreaking seeing her like that. She’s on a massive Antibiotic drip so hopefully that will kick in and start fighting the infection.

grahamt1980

My 2 cove’s will never be replaced I think.

Got a blue, Med, G Spot, a Purple Shocker.

Both epic bikes and get used fairly frequently. Just can’t see myself ever justifying buying them again considering everything.

The bandit and PA however will probably get replaced when I get bored (Although the PA did just get a new frame, simply because I wanted a red frame).

solarpowered
    Free Member

I would love to post a picture of my bike! I love the pants off it cos it makes me feel AMAZING! There’s just no way I’d do what I do on that bike without it quite frankly!
    It’s obviously not as posh as all of your bikes but I don’t care. Your bikes are truly beautiful (@Will – yours is a little favourite….)! In my mind, mine is just lovely and I don’t think I’ll ever sell it!
    The bf is going to kill me.. He showed me how to post a picture – I’ve forgotten! You have to trust me, my bike is just beautiful! 😀
    Ps; I only own one bike….

rendo
    Free Member

Certainly my early pompino will always be kept as it is just such a great winter/commuter.

Regret selling the first edition of the Giant TCR. The anodised lime greem/purple one with the carbon wheels. expect that to be quite collectable sometime.

surprised to see the on-one 853inbred listed here. i have one of these too it doesn’t get used much as i dont off-road much, but i thought these couldn’t be given away (which is why i still have it)

tomhoward

on-one 853inbred listed here. i have one of these too it doesn’t get used much as i dont off-road much, but i thought these couldn’t be given away (which is why i still have it)

I’ll take the frame off your hands 😉

bikemonkey
    Free Member

My RM Blizzard.

I love it, and it’s perfect for the riding I do.

But if someone offered me £800 I’d gladly take it.

kayak23

It’s all about associating good memories with a particular bike.
    My Prince Albert took me all over the shop in Peru and Bolivia and I can’t imagine selling it now.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Where to start!:

IMAG0678 by alan cole, on Flickr

– no explanation needed.

My Shand, one of the first, and 8 years old now:

IMAG0250.jpg by alan cole, on Flickr

I’ll not sell this, probably becuase no one would buy it, and I am workin on a replacement:

DSCF6091 by alan cole, on Flickr

Also my Brompton:

Untitled by alan cole, on Flickr

And (VN Yukon, perfect commuter/light tourer/training bike).

Getting a Roubaix SL4 next week, hopefully that’s a keeper

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Bikes you currently own that you'll never sell’ is closed to new replies.