Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Bikes with Press Fit BB's
  • bikeywikey
    Free Member

Okay so this may be a daft question – but can you fit a standard external bottom bracket to bikes that come supplied with press fit BB’s – or does the next one need to be press fit too? 😕
    Cheers

leebaxter
    Free Member

Another press fit needed.

Basil

Yes you can.
    Adaptor kit required.

Edit.Me bad
    I had an adaptor to use non press fit crank set to fit press fit 92

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Basil can you post a link of the adaptor please

bikeywikey
    Free Member

Just had a quick look on Merlin – they do not have any press fit BB’s – are they a bit tricky to get a hold of?
    Also, when purchasing a chainset you normally get a external BB along with it – can you purchase them with press fits?

Edit – dumb ass – just noticed there is one on Merlin 😕 (again!)

Basil

But my lbs did get a GPX BB to fit to my bike until the correct SRAM BB arrived from Jenson USA

bikeywikey
    Free Member

Does anyone else make aftermarket press fit BB’s other than Shimano?
    From what I can see what I need to do is buy the chainset of my choice, a separate press fit BB then sell on the redundant external BB…..blinking eck they like to make things easy these days don’t they 😈

timmys

Does anyone else make aftermarket press fit BB’s other than Shimano?

What press fit BB are you after? Zesty/Spicy owners (which use the BB92 system) as an alternative to Shimano have so far had to go for these;

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id258.html

Though it now seems other are starting to crop up. eg.;

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/BBFSBBCERKIT/fsa-bb92-ceramic-bearing-mtb-bottom-bracket

bikeywikey
    Free Member

Cheers Timmy yeah you guessed its a Zesty….just been reading another interesting thread on the topic seems I am not the first one to have this problem,
    Cheers for the links

timmys

Next step after finding a replacement press-fit BB is buying the required tools to fit it unfortunately! 🙂

andrewh
    Free Member

You can get adapters to fit conventional BBs to BB30 frames but not whatever size it is Yeti use (it’s a press fit but not BB30. comes with XTR bearings already pushed in. Annoying, as I wanted Tune AC38 square taper)

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I use the Enduro press fit cups on my roadie – well made. That’s BB86 though – I think Enduro do MTB versions however.

AndyA
    Free Member

I’ve been waiting a few weeks now on one of the Enduro press fits I ordered from the states. Hopefully it’ll turn up soon as the current bb on my spicy is shagged. As mentioned, they’re meant to be pretty good and seem to be what most are recommending.

radoggair
    Free Member

had to get my bb92 42A spesh bb press fit ordered from spesh dealer. Alot of to-ing and fro-ing about how hard they are to get. Spesh got a few e-mails from me expresing my disappointment over how hard these are to come by, but they did sell it to me for £20 instead of the £45 rrp. £45 rrp for a standard bb!!!! Shop also got me a set of sid lowers from RS cos of there minor defect which was good because A/ they were a year old and B/ the selas and bushings were screwed so they were replaced at same time

Bream
    Free Member

I have a similar question but with the new Giant Anthem X 29er BB, seems hard to find any Shimano stock, yet alone any other options 😕

My new frame arrives next week, need to get this sorted ASAP!

Any ideas or info?

timmys

Any ideas or info?

If it’s BB92 you are after then;

FSA;
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/BBFSSBB92/fsa-chrome-steel-bb92-bearing-kit

RaceFace;
    http://www.welovelapierre.com/productview.php?pickcat=10006881&pagetitle=Lapierre%20BB92%20Bottom%20Bracket%20Black-Silver%20

and if you want the Shimano one then I think it’s in stock here (it says BB91 but they recommend it for their BB92 whippet frame so I guess it’s compatible);
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/BBSHBB92/shimano-mtb-press-fit-bb91-bottom-bracket

Bream
    Free Member

I think it’s a BB71. Found stock now, just want to check other options before buying the Shimano one.

Then I guess the next question is will my FSA megaexo crankset fit the hollowtech II BB?

sam_underhill

This thread has got me thinking about all the BS that is written about facing a regular external BB shell. If it’s so critical that a regular shell is faced to get correct alignment, how on earth is anyone going to get a perfectly aligned BB when it comes to push fit?

mansonsoul
    Free Member

And who thought we needed another bb standard or three?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

KCNC do a press fit for BB92 also, available on ebay

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Bikes with Press Fit BB's’ is closed to new replies.