Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bikes & Trail clothing clashing issues
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

With the ongoing trend of bright colours in clothing and bikes, does anyone else have the problem of clashing with their trusty stead?!

Or just deal with it and ride the trails like a ball of lime lightning?

leec247
    Free Member

I ride a neon pink 5 so whatever I wear won’t outshine the bike. Does get a lot of strange looks but I love the colour of it and don’t care what others think

tomhoward

I think it’s only a problem for wimmins and a certain type of chap….

CountZero

With the ongoing trend of bright colours in clothing and bikes, does anyone else have the problem of clashing with their trusty stead?!

No. Of my four bikes, one is black, one bare steel, one red paint, one red anodised, and pretty much everything I wear on the bike is black or grey. I don’t follow ‘trends’, I don’t read bike magazines, don’t frequent bike shops, and have zip interest in anything described as a ‘trend’. I think the brightest item of cycle gear I have is a Freestyle jacket in chrome yellow with black panels I bought fifteen or so years ago.
    And ‘trusty stead (sic)’? Really? 🙄

chiefgrooveguru

The only clashing I’ve ever cared about is my shorts getting caught on my seat QR…

torihada
    Free Member

In Whistler we got caught by a trailside photographer. The photos were useless, never mind the lack of skills; I looked like I’d been dressed by colour blind nerds: neon green bike, red FF lid, blue & white DH jersey, camo shorts and a bright yellow camelback rain cover. Since seeing the photos I’ve started to ‘co-ordinate’.

piemonster

Or just deal with it and ride the trails like a ball of lime lightning?

This is why I don’t buy magazines or ride with other people.

That and my deep rooted personality issues.

Bregante

tomhoward – Member
    I think it’s only a problem for wimmins and a certain type of chap

beautifully put

bigblackshed

The latest bright clothing colours remind my of that washing powder advert on tv. The one with the golfer. Add a red nose and you will look like a clown. Leave the nose off and look like a bell end.

Black is the only colour for bike clothes. It all matches then. Simples.

yunki
    Free Member

brown is the only colour for a real bike.. so no

chiefgrooveguru

How long does any bike clothing that isn’t black, or a dark shade of a dark colour, actually stay that colour?

missnotax
    Free Member

I save the colour-coordination for my road bike, I enjoy riding my mtb too much to worry about my outfit clashing 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bikes & Trail clothing clashing issues’ is closed to new replies.