Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bikes to work scheme. Single speed, disk brake commuter.
  • tthew

I can get a voucher again soon, so the Criteria is

Upto £1000
    Available in standard bike shops.
    Single speed.
    Disk brake.
    Drop bar.
    Eyelets for mudguards.
    Preferably steel.

Any good alternatives to the DayOne?

Oh yeah, and not a Kaffenback as PlanetX don’t do the Halfords scheme, who issue our vouchers.

kcal

Kinesis (though not steel)
    Charge
    Singular (though budget and bike outlet may limit)

TiRed

Based on that list, you have effectively done a “Guess who?” for the Day One, I can’t think of any others that are steel with disk brakes. For non-disk, the Kona Paddy Wagon is a fine bike with much nicer road geometry than the Day One.

edhornby

surly crosscheck disc?

belugabob
    Free Member

Blimey, somebody is using the Cycle to work scheme to buy a bike for cycling to work – knew it had to happen sooner or later 😉

oxym0r0n

Day 1 going well for me after 18 months – had one of the first.

Edit: would love an 853 one if they moved the disc mount/had swinging dropouts

tthew

18 months isn’t one of the first! I’m thinking of replacing an original silver flat bar one, (unless you mean one of the first disk brake versions) 🙂

Some other good suggestions too. Singular frame would be lovely if I could source one on the scheme.

scotroutes

A shop would be able to buy a PX/On One frame and build it according to your specification/budget.

oxym0r0n

tthew – yes, sorry one of the first disc ones. Rear hub bearings and bb just been replaced this week; freewheel went ages ago and put a different headset on when I bought it… Still on original brake pads though!

matt1986
    Free Member
    nedrapier

I managed to sneak in a Peregrine on c2w, thanks to a flexible bike shop, some stuff from the parts bin, some stuff bought from elsewhere, and me building it up myself.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bikes to work scheme. Single speed, disk brake commuter.’ is closed to new replies.