Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bikes Stolen in Stockport
  • MartynS

Some scumbag has been through the Garage and had the wifes In-bred and my CX bike

so, as unlikely as it is, if anyone sees a Red 54″ Kona Jake. with Salsa bell lap bars on it its mine.
    Other than that, Totally standard

Likewise if you see a white 14″ Inbred That’s the wifes

Spec
    Mavic 717 on Hope Pro 2/XC rear
    Full Deore Groupset
    Avid juciy 7
    Bontrager bars/stem/seatpost
    Specialized Ariel ladies saddle
    Rockshox Reba 100mm forks In Silver
    White grips

scum.. all i can say

I guess because the rack was on the car in anticipation of an early start that’s alerted them.

They left her road bike and my Hardtail so I’m moving them right away.

Guess I’m spending the day upping the security.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Gutted, whereabouts are you?

Clover

😥

MartynS

Great Moor…

they left 2. They are being moved.

NonStopNun
    Free Member

Sorry about your bikes being stolen it happen to me a few years ago , they moved 2 road bikes to take my cheap mt bike and put the road bikes back in the shed yet they were worth 10 times the price of the mtb , when i asked the police about this he said it was common and that very few road bikes are stolen compared to MTB .

fatboyjon

I’ll keep an eye out Martyn. Can’t help thinking they’ll be further away than I am though.

bellys
    Free Member

Sorry to hear about the bikes. I had mine taken 2weeks ago in reddish not that far from you. I will keep my eyes open for them.

MartynS

a little bump for the evening crowd..

So far the Insurance company has been brilliant and I’m getting like for like.

still quite rubbish.

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

Ive sent you Email.

julians
    Free Member

How did they get in? if through the garage door, what sort of garage door was it?

Just trying to detremine if my garage security is good enough (I’m in bramhall, so not very far away at all.)

Bregante

Manc here. Will keep em peeled. Gits 👿

MartynS

They broke the padlock off the garage door. Its an old garage! and detached from the house

Julians I reckon you could do a lot worse than a few ground anchors and good chains

Needless to say I’ve now spent quite a bit on some more security stuff…

Bunnyhop

Bad news Martyn.

If your Mrs. wants to borrow my Inbred, she’s more than welcome until you get sorted.

I have eyes open in certain places (if you know where I mean).

monsteryeti
    Free Member

SORRY to hear about your loss mate.

I use a T-Bar on the bottom of my garage door after seeing what some XXXX did to my neighbours metal garage door (bent double from the bottom….) I have ground anchors inside and a wireless motion alarm so even if they get in the alarm will make a racket before they can get near the bikes. Worth looking at the T-Bar though. A great visual deterant from outside if nothing else.

gk74

Where can you get the t-bar’s from? Not sure what I would be looking for?

Thanks

monsteryeti
    Free Member

I bought mine from B&Q, here is a link –

T-BAR DOOR THINGY

PITA to keep undoing but gives you piece of mind that it is an effective and highly visual deterant. ALL of my neighbours have one now including a Chief Inspector……..!

sambob
    Free Member

Will keep an eye out over this way.

PaulBecks
    Free Member

I’m in Levenshulme on the Fallowfield Loop, a nice little rat run for nicked bikes!

I’ll keep an eye out bud.

julians
    Free Member

A T bar didnt stop them getting into my garage at my old place when I lived in didsbury.

If they want to get in they will, regardless of what you do to try and stop them. I guess it will put off all but the most determined of theives, but the police reckoned that a T bar was like placing a big sign on the door saying ‘ I have something valuable in here’

monsteryeti
    Free Member

Agree but 7 of the 10 houses in my street now have them regardless of what’s in there, including the chief inspector next door so not so obvious which one has the bikes in.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bikes Stolen in Stockport’ is closed to new replies.