Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • BIKES STOLEN – Halifax
  • edsykes78
    Free Member

Two bikes stolen from shed 18th/19th Nov 2013 – locked, anchored and alarmed – obviously targeted and came prepared. Hipperholme, Halifax

2012 Cube LTD SL size18 Grey Metal Green – stock apart from Schwalble Rocket Ron front and back and stem angle reversed.

2013 Merida racelite 900 size54 – stock apart from BBB 11-28T cassette and 105 SPD SL pedals

Absolutely gutted to have lost these, would appreciate any help and people keeping an eye out 🙁

https://twitter.com/edsykes78/status/403188399609114625/photo/1

https://twitter.com/edsykes78/status/403187360457703424/photo/1

woody2000

I’m in Hove Edge mate so I’ll keep an eye out. Bit too close for comfort that though, I’ll let the local riders know. Hope you get them back!

What time of day were they stolen? Overnight?

edward2000
    Free Member

Rubbish 🙁

bearnecessities

Eyes peeled in Leeds.

damascus
    Free Member

Have you passed it onto the local bike shops?

I live and work in Halifax so will keep an eye out too.

Good luck

edsykes78
    Free Member

thanks for the help.

Can’t be sure what time or even when between Sat 16th – morning Wed 20th. Busy working and not been out to shed. alarm sounded when i went in shed this morning so was still active – but obviously not heard anything through either night. grrr

will contact local bike shops. keeping an eye on ebay, gumtree…

plenty of retweets on twitter – hope somebody spots them

orange225
    Free Member

I’ll keep my eyes peeled in boothtown. Hopefully you’ll get em back, it does happen

Mugboo

I’m down the hill in Brighouse so I’ll keep em peeled.

lank45
    Free Member

Ed, it’s Ben (Helliwell), I’ve shared it on Facebook and will let me dad know as he knows quite a few who ride local

edsykes78
    Free Member

Thanks Ben, really appreciate it. Spoke to your dad about it today – he’s feeling my pain x

grum
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that. A woman near here (Hebden) had her garage cleared out recently and had six bikes taken. They were secured with anchors etc too. Not good.

Wonder if it’s the same lot. Scumbags.

russianbob
    Free Member

I’d have a look in that second hand shop on the round a bout at the bottom of Hunger Hill.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ll keep a look out South Halifax way and post something on the Calderdale MTB facebook page…

Rockdodger
    Free Member

Hi Ed I will keep an eye out around the Sowerby Bridge area especially the shop on Station Road who deals in 2nd hand stuff.
    Cheers Steve

Antibob
    Free Member

Huddersfield Cube & Merida dealer is on the look out also.

There seems to have been a lot of bike thefts in the HD, HX area lately and has been confirmed by a local Bobby (Brighouse Condor rider had 3 road bikes taken recently).

So maybe worth taking extra precautions if you live in the area, especially in the run up to Christmas.

steel4real
    Free Member

According to the courier website, 4 bikes stolen from Northowram 15/16th as well.

More 🙁🙁

edsykes78
    Free Member

thanks for all the help. really appreciated.

who is the Hudds Cube & Merida dealer Antibob – Velocity Cycles?

tk46hal
    Free Member

Shelf is watching here!

alibongo001

Hi Ed,

Best of luck in getting them back. I have shared on twitter.

This is worrying me as I live in Hipperholme too.

How do you think they knew that there were nice bikes in the shed, is this one of the Strava thefts we hear of?

Where abouts in Hipperholme are you?

edsykes78
    Free Member

i think the strava privacy zones should protect the exact location within 1km – I have a few set up around the area covering my house so shouldn’t be able to pinpoint the address either…(I’m not entirely sure how effective/secure this is though)- it could be strava related but I think it’s more likely that I’ve been spotted and or watched. None of the other neighbours (without bikes) had their sheds broken into so would suggest this?

saying that – I’ll be ‘starting’ my rides from the end of the road in future!

Rockdodger
    Free Member

Did the boys in blue give you any hope at all.

mekon
    Free Member

OP get a notification setup on here http://www.findthatbike.co.uk/

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Hi,
    Sorry to hear about the theft.
    Please could you tell me what ground anchor/chain combination was used?
    This is not meant as a dig at you, more as a method of getting info on what works and what doesn’t. Security companies are keen to tell everyone how fabulous their stuff is, but we seldom hear the other side of the story.

Would really appreciate it if you’d tell. I got 4 bikes nicked last year and want to keep the new ones safe, and knowing what doesn’t work would help that process.

cheers

edsykes78
    Free Member

yeah no probs. nothing special… seems very naive of me now but thought it would do the job along with an alarm in deterring them…

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_710905_langId_-1_categoryId_242557

looks like they cut through it no probs

a substantial motorbike chain lock in future I think

bamford
    Free Member

i live in the center of brighouse, i’ll keep my eyes peeled 😯

allthepies
    Free Member

As you suspect a targeted job, how do you reckon they knew where to hit ?

Followed home from a local ride or with bikes on car roof ?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘BIKES STOLEN – Halifax’ is closed to new replies.