Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • bikes stolen from Sale area, south Manchester – heartbroken owner
  • nessica
    Free Member

hey everyone

Not holding out much hope but thought it would be worth posting on here….

3 of my bikes were stolen from our (well padlocked, out of sight) shed yesterday in Sale, south Manchester, including my absolute pride & joy, an Intense Hard Eddie 29er

Pictures on picasa here as I’m afraid I’m not sure how to post individual shots (https://plus.google.com/photos/116956889802759306368/albums/5894231180404842353).

Summary as follows:

– Hard Eddie hard tail 29er, fox performance forks, XT brakes
    – Specialized Epic full sus, recently replaced forks and rear mech
    – Specialized Crux Elite CX bike

Particularly gutting as the Hard Eddie was my race bike which I just won Mountain Mayhem on (well, Sport Womens)

Hints, tips, sightings etc would be much appreciated although have to say I’m not massively optimistic

Cheers
    Vanessa

wwaswas

🙁

BigJohn

Linky

I hope you get them back.

binners

Thats rubbish! It seems like South Manchester/Stockport is definitely being targeted by an organised gang. Theres a lot of high end bikes going missing

I’ll keep my eyes open for them

Keep your eyes on ebay and Gumtree, for parts as well as complete bikes. And its worth a tour of the Cash Convertors stores in the area too

andyl
    Free Member

That Intense is a lovely looking bike 🙁

matt1986
    Free Member

Keep an eye out on Ebay. A lad from work had his road bike stolen and it was listed 2 weeks after and the location was still where he lived it turned out that the police went to recover it and it was only 3 streets away. Hope they turn up for you.

acidchunks

If you’re on Twitter send a few local shops a tweet with the details and link. The likes of Ken Fosters, nwmtb and pop up bikes are usually more than happy to give a RT. Pop up have helped reunite a couple of owners with their bikes over the last year or so.

Good luck getting them back.

3dvgirl
    Free Member

this is why i keep mine next to my bed.

nessica
    Free Member

thanks everyone! have got alerts for Ebay & Gumtree and also trawling findthatbike.co.uk. Have already got it on twitter but will target a few more of the local bike shops.

Worth a try at least…..

bash
    Free Member

Will keep my eyes peeled, based in Sale too 🙁 Not sure I want to go out on my bikes anymore!!!

acidchunks

You’ve got a RT from me, not that I’ve many followers.

Worth asking @GMPSale and @GMPChorlton as well if you haven’t already.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

3dvgirl – Member
    this is why i keep mine next to my bed.

I think I might do this!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Not too many of those Intense 29ers around

gonzy
    Free Member

gutted for you…will keep a look out in the city centre and north manchester for you…
    keep a look out on pinkbike too

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘bikes stolen from Sale area, south Manchester – heartbroken owner’ is closed to new replies.