Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Bikes Stolen From Braithwaite, Nr. Keswick (Lakes)
  • Android
    Free Member

Hi All,

I spent last week on holiday in the lakes and sadly had my three bikes stolen. They were locked up in the walled garden, but someone with a pair of boltcroppers got in and relieved us of them last Monday. If anyone is offered them, I would be very grateful, as they werent indoors fxed to something solid we wont get any insurance for them. Apparently a few sheds were cleaned out as well as some bikes from the campsite, so sounds like career crims rather than just a chancer. The Police recon the will probably be sold on in a market in one of the big cities.

The bikes are;

Bike No. 1 Kona Kikapu in Cream and White (2005) Upgrades are Bontrager Rhythm Elite wheels (de-stickered) with tubeless Bontrager Jones Mud X tyres, Fox (2003) TALAS RLC forks ( Pushed) and Pushed Fox RP3 rear shock the brakes have also been upgraded to 203mm disks.

Bike No. 2 Giant XTC-4 in Silver with Marzocchi bomber air forks and women’s polo seat (with a hole in the middle) the front wheel is the only thing we have left from all of the bikes, the rear was replaced with a wheel that has been used for rim brakes.

Bike No. 3 Planet – X SL Pro-carbon in Black Carbon-weave finish (large) with Red Stripe Michelin Pro Race 3 tyres. The bike is unusual (probably unique) in that its fitted with flat-bars with Ergon GC2 Handlebar Grips and 10 speed flat STI changers, with also Ironman Tri Bars, an unusual combination, but it works for me. It also has a straight carbon “Exotic” seat pin, Cateye wireless Speed / Cadence Speedo mounted on the left hand tri bar.

Thanks for reading.
    Andy

wwaswas

that's a bit grim 🙁

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Bikes Stolen From Braithwaite, Nr. Keswick (Lakes)’ is closed to new replies.