Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bikes Stolen – Darley Dale
  • ElectricWorry
    Free Member

My mate is currently on holiday staying in a lodge/cabin in Darley Dale and last night had 2 bikes stolen. If you are in the area can you please keep an eye out for:

Ragley M74 In orange with a Hamax child seat attached – he has only had this bike for about a month.

Specialized Tricross with a FiZik saddle and Openpro wheels –

The police have already been made aware but any sighting or information would be much appreciated. His holiday has definitely taken a turn for the worse.

Cheers.

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

Bump for the lunchtime crowd.

sprocker
    Free Member

I am in the area quiet a bit will keep a look out.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chrisridesbikes
    Free Member

I had a week in a cottage very nearby and was completely paranoid about the bikes because of the number of ‘bikes stolen’ posters about. Best of luck to your mate and a lesson for the rest of us more locks the better!

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

Cheers sprocker.

And you’re right chris. It seems like the locks, although usually a deterrent, don’t keep them away if they think they have time to go at them. Holiday makers can be out for most of the day at a time.

woody21
    Free Member

I live near Bakewell so will keep an eye open.

LS
    Free Member

I’m just down the road from Darwin Forest (presume that’s where we’re talking about) so will keep a lookout for them.

Where is he staying – Darwin Forest?

Unfortunately, there are some scrotes round Darley, but Darwin is also on the road to Chesterfield, where there are even more scrotes.

I’ll put the word out.

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

Cheers guys, I know these things don’t often end well but at least it feels like a positive step. Ebay search all set up. Is there anywhere else he can look?

Do they show up on any other websites often or is it usually sold to a bloke down the pub from the back of a van?

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

Apologies LS and TAFKASTR, yes it was Darwin Forest. I appreciate the feedback, I guess these would be making there way round Chesterfield or further away by now.

woody21
    Free Member

Is there any CCTV at Darwin Forest

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

He was due to review that today (why they didn’t offer to review straight away on discovery is beyond me). Hopefully it will show something up.

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

Some feedback – the vehicle used in the theft was a white transit. Be aware of where you keep and secure your bikes when staying in the area.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bikes Stolen – Darley Dale’ is closed to new replies.