• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by aa.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bikes Regrets
  • beano68
    Free Member

Has anyone ever bought a bike and ever regretted it ?

Ever since I bough my spesh enduro from new it has been nothing but problems, I ride it when I can I look after it meticulously but theres always something wrong with it.

With warranty issues I have only been out on it a handful of times this year, and recently had cranks replaced after the pedal inserts worked loose, and now the rear derailleur has seized up and my seat post can’t be replaced as theres a 2 month waiting list for the right size as sram has modified the 2016 stealth post and this one will no longer fir the frame. (thats 3 stealths in 14 months ! and 2 rct forks replaced under warranty ! …

or is it just friccin moi

legend
    Free Member

All of those parts could’ve been hanging off any bike though. Sounds like you’ve been out of luck on this occasion. For the seat post, either kick-off till you get sorted or get a normal one and make do for the time being

P-Jay
    Free Member

Hmm, only in hindsight – my Spicy 516 was frankly a bit rubbish given the price but I wouldn’t accept it back then.

As for OPs problems, I don’t think you can blame the ‘bike’ per-se, seems you’ve been incredibly unlucky with a pile of SRAM parts – you can kind of accept one failure as “that’s life” but 3 seatposts and 2 sets of forks of a brand/model that’s probably the most popular of their type is just odd, but I can’t think why they would fail more than if they came with another bike or your bought them on their own.

wwaswas

I did 6 miles on a Lynskey Ti frame before selling it.

Northwind

Both my specializeds… I think time just hadn’t been kind to the SX Trail, it was probably good in 2006 but by 2013 it was as heavy and as fun to pedal as a downhill bike and as capable downhill as a 140mm trailbike. OTOH I split it up, used some bits, sold the rest, so it worked out OK.

My Camber 26 OTOH was just a 2 wheeled abortion. Pedalled like a stumpy, weighed as much as a stumpy, descended like a bag of shit. Hateful, pointless disaster of a thing.

I’ve had a few other bikes I didn’t gel with but I’ve always at least got something out of it.

beano68
    Free Member

Fair play to SRAM they have just replaced the faulty items quickly but its still doesn’t give me any confidence in their parts and sadly no longer in the bike.. i’d understand if I crash every bloody ride and ride in shite conditions all the time.

Think its time to sell it and go back to a HT and hopefully my run of bad luck will stop there ! 😐

soulwood
    Free Member

I had always lusted for a spesh M4 framed bike. After riding a 653 ATB tubed rourkie into the ground due to a succession of poorly paid jobs, when I got flush again I decided to treat myself and bought a complete M4 bike back in 2002. What a heap. The hubs died in less than 3 months. It was a truly uninspiring ride. Sold it and got a Rourke 853, which then led onto a Cotic…

legend
    Free Member

dibs!

Wookster

Ibis mojo….

Saved and sold like mad! One came up on offer at a shop so I bought it, delighted as it was an early way to get my dream bike…. Lavished parts on it, and well……it was a bit flat really! Just never clicked with it at all. No idea why.

aa
    Free Member

I had an Orange R8. Pre ordered it, was really looking forward to it as it was, on paper, exactly what I wanted at that time.
    I felt it was really detached. Didn’t feel nice, no spring to it. Didn’t corner nicely, seemed to just want to go in straight lines.

Nice colour though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bikes Regrets’ is closed to new replies.