Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • bikes on the tube?
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

anyone know the rules about whether you’re allowed to take MTBs on the tube, specifically on the Victoria Line from Finsbury Park to Victoria at around 9am on a Sunday morn?

can’t find much info…

aP
    Free Member
    ononeorange

Have taken mine on, essentially I think it’s out of peak hours (can’t remember the exact definition) and only on the surface lines / stations. I think you’ll fall foul of the latter at Victoria, but you could try it (not sure if Finsbury Park is surface or not). What about train from FP to King’s Cross, then Circle Line round to Victoria if out of rush hours?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

you can really upset them by getting a ctc plastic bike bag (£4) and carrying the bike around. it counts as luggage then

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Or just ride it! Half an hour or so at most, I reckon.

donald
    Free Member

You still here Flashy?

I thought you’d got a caning from the prefects.

🙂

funkynick

Just ride your bike it’ll be quicker than getting the tube with all the phaffing that will involve, cheaper too!

And the Victoria is below the ground all the way, the only place it’s above ground is in the depot!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Ride it, far less stressful.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

No bikes on the Victoria line. Its ok outside peak hours on the circle/district line and on above ground stations on other lines I think.

aP
    Free Member

Its all down hill from Finsbury Park anyway, and you could ride all those stairs you wimped out of on Sunday.

theflatboy
    Free Member

haha, thanks all for the tips – the ride’s actually only a mile further then the commute i do every day so i will probably do that. was just wondering as was initially thinking of riding, then thought i could ride to kings x and get the train from there, then the thought struck me that the tube was an option, if allowed.

so to conclude, i’m riding!

aP
    Free Member

You could ride off the lions in Trafalgar Square as well….

theflatboy
    Free Member

now there’s an idea! next london ride will include a stop-off in traf sq for lion aerials!

aP
    Free Member

Will anyone manage to be up early enough to get away with it though?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

You lazy bugger!!!

Finsberg to Victoria ain’t too bad, although I fancy it might take a little longer than the half an hour Flashy reckons, unless you proper hammer it. Maybe. You’d get a bit sweaty, I’m sure.

theflatboy
    Free Member

yeah i know – i didn’t really consider the laziness factor…

it just crossed my mind, and i wondered if you were allowed, that’s all!

i feel so ashamed!

aP
    Free Member

If you got some big urban slick tyres then you coul dmake motorbike noises as well as you drag a knee along the road going round corners.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I once managed to get from Kings X to Brixton on the tube a few years ago one evening after someone had kindly nicked my lights. The ticket officer told me that if I took the District and circle line to Victoria there was no one checking if I went onto the deeper Victoria line at Victoria. So you could theoretically take the over-lander to Kings X and the District line to Victoria but it would take well over an hour.

Spongebob
    Free Member

TFL’s website has the information for each line. Generally speaking, access is outside peak hours and so long as your journey is above ground.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘bikes on the tube?’ is closed to new replies.