Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bikes nicked – What to do next?
  • scaled
    Free Member

Had the garage done over yesterday while we slept!

They cleared me out pretty much. 2015 YT Capra (large), Meta 5.5 (small) Cotic Escapade (large) Ribble Pro Carbon (large) and worst of off a Commencal Ramone 20, my daughters bike!

The Capra has a DTSwiss FR570 front/ex471 rear
    Meta has white forks with no decals, they’re old air Pikes
    Cotic was pretty much stock with mudguards and Hamax child seat bracket
    Baby commencal had a SRAM automatix hub, can’t be many of them about!

Now i’m assuming that the insurance is going to sort all this out and i’ll be able to put myself back in a similar position, but here lies the problem.

I’ve not spent any money on bikes or bike bits for months, I’ve never been this happy with two bikes. The road bike i can live without (it lived on the turbo anyway) but the Capra and the Escapade were just perfect.

Unless I shrink enough to ride an XS Cotic they haven’t got any in stock, Same with the Capra. Nothing in stock at all, even if i had the money now. The Orbea Rallon M10 is a possible Capra replacement but they’re not going to be available until next year.
    Replacing the Escapade, I just can’t think of anything that does the job better. Needs full guards and a frame that’s good carrying 15+ KG of toddler from the seat tube on a Hamax bracket.

I’m gutted, last time my bikes were nicked I was really excited about getting new ones, this time I just want my old bikes back. Cheer me up by suggesting some new wheels that fit the bill?

in memorium

alexpalacefan

I got a Genesis Vagabond last year, it was a close run thing with the Escapade.
    Worth a look?

APF

eddiebaby
    Free Member

It’s a bugger mate. The empty feeling when you see the space where the bike should be is awful.Best of luck getting them back or finding something you want.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jamj1974

Arseholes! Just arseholes.

I like the look of the Trek Slash and I must admit the Bird Aeris looks a great bike.

Hells

I feel your pain, was there 2 years ago!! Three bikes 2 of them custom builds!
    If you really want them back it might be worth looking on here: http://www.findthatbike.co.uk
    To be honest a week after mine were knicked I was at the point where even if they were recovered I wouldn’t of wanted them back!

fossy

Priority is to get the right settlement, then wait for the YT’s to come back in stock, and research what you can’t replace.

Right bummer. I have one road bike that can’t be replaced – handbuilt

Don’t rush it.

kayla1
    Free Member

It’s shit- it happened to us a few weeks ago. Claim on the insurance, get that sorted, then get new bikes and keep them in the house. My priority was getting us back up and riding ASAP, reckoning we could sort specifics out later.

The bikes live in the house now.

chakaping
    Free Member

Rotten innit, same happened to us a few years ago.

My advice would be to pick up a secondhand bargain to keep you riding and take your time on the replacements.

And don’t buy through Wheelies, if that’s on the cards at any point.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Had my Capra removed from my van a few months back

Posted on the site below, got it back which was highly unexpected.

Got it back the day before we were going to BPW, and was pleased I wasn’t having to use the wife’s 2006 Whye 46 and didn’t check it over.
    Rear wheel came out after a jump on Willy waver. Sending we sliding along the stones. Then noticed the brakes were loose and rear mech also. Wife may have been correct saying I paid the theif a reward to return it. Looked like they had sarted to strip the bits of the frame.

YT Capra

fossy

My garage is like fort knox – managed to get away with a plus one until yesterday when the missus went in with our niece to take a load of boxes of kids toys… my niece thought there were a load of bikes, ans my wife realised there was one extra.. I’d got away with it for 18 months.

She has laughed, as I suffered a major spinal injury on a road bike 24 months ago – this was a full susser -the road bikes haven’t been used in 2 years.

Fortunately, I sold it, by saying she could ride it, due to the dropper post.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Bummer. Guts got into my garage last March and took six bikes including my little ones balance bike! None have ever turned up on eBay or forums for sale.

I took the cash because I didn’t fancy dealing with Wheelies and some of the replacements offered were a bit poor. I ended up doing ok because the likes of my Demo were bought secondhand but valued at new prices. Some of the money went on new doors, alarm, big old ground anchor and chains. AXA were very good to deal with.

gwurk
    Free Member

Capra CF are in stock in Large (Black)

eviljoe
    Free Member

+1 for the stolen bikes site, worked for me, got my bike back a couple of months after it was pinched

scaled
    Free Member

I don’t think even the CF Race Pro is as good a spec as was on the original Capras for the price. I think that’s what’s irking me the most. Unless they want to fork out (heh) for components then i’m going to struggle to get something of a similar spec

mindmap3
    Free Member

Bummer. Guts got into my garage last March and took six bikes including my little ones balance bike! None have ever turned up on eBay or forums for sale.

I took the cash because I didn’t fancy dealing with Wheelies and some of the replacements offered were a bit poor. I ended up doing ok because the likes of my Demo were bought secondhand but valued at new prices. Some of the money went on new doors, alarm, big old ground anchor and chains. AXA were very good to deal with.

peteimpreza

“Replacing the Escapade, I just can’t think of anything that does the job better. Needs full guards and a frame that’s good carrying 15+ KG of toddler from the seat tube on a Hamax bracket.”

Sorry to hear about the theft.

I can offer a ray of light re the Escapade.

Cy has confirmed to me a new version is due out Christmas time. Should have been this month but a few component delays have pushed it back.

dans160
    Free Member

Not mine and been up for a while: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2220928/ But maybe worth a look ?

matt007
    Free Member

I’ve got a 58cm charge plug I’m selling, the steel version before they went alu, has full guards. If you were after something to tide you over it would meet the kid carrying requirement and guards. Email in profile if you’re interested.

chrisyork

This is sad reading this, lost 4 bikes £8000’s worth a few months ago, still hate that some scum either has or has sold on my bike for less. No sight of them as yet and they’re on stolen bikes website too….

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bikes nicked – What to do next?’ is closed to new replies.