• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by cp.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bikes in the sales?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Looking at getting a new hybrid. Are there big savings to be had in the sales on bikes? Never really looked to see if bikes were reduced after Christmas in the way that other stuff is.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Not sure.I’m looking for a Giant Stance,I think there’ll be some post xmas/New Year bargains just got to get searching

tomhoward

Generally there isn’t, as model years change in September-October time so no reason/need to shift old stock like in other retail sectors, plus lbs’ don’t buy in a load of extra stock for Xmas, save for kids bikes and stocking filler type stuff, but you never know.

cynic-al
    Free Member

If you are savvy and not bothered about brand/model you can probably find bargains at other times, but there sure are good deals to be had at

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com

Trekster

likewise Evans always seem to have stuff on offer as do Pauls Cycles and Winstanleys.
    Worth plodding round your local shops to see what they have, might just strike it lucky as I did once a few years back.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I’ve used paulscycles before,great service but I try to support the LBS’s so that’s where I’m looking first

loddrik
    Free Member

This one is the best I can find at the minute. Dunno whether I should stick a deposit on it now or hold on till the sales.

http://www.discountcyclesdirect.co.uk/catalog/product.php?CI_ID=12322&Item=%27Whyte%20Cambridge%202012%20Hybrid/Commuter%20Bike%27

Legoman
    Free Member

This site seems to have a decent round-up of prices in most of the well know online stores:
    Link

jkomo

Merlin had some lovely BMC bikes super cheap. Odd sizes I think.

cp

Bike sales were some time ago for model year changes, as above the best bet is pauls or pedalon. You may be lucky to dribble across the odd random size that may or may not fit in a shop shop.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bikes in the sales?’ is closed to new replies.