• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by cp.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bikes in the back of a toyota celica??
  • cp

Just pondering possibilities for a replacement car… does anyone have a 7th Generation (1999-2005) Toyota Celica? Can you fit at least one, ideally two bikes in the back with the seats folded?

ta in advance, chris

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Any hair dressers out there???

You can fit 2 bikes in the back of most cars with a hatch back and the rear seats folded down. The main difference is how many wheels and other parts you need to take off to make it fit.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

yeah, easily. one bike will fit in without taking the wheels off.

druidh
    Free Member

Yes – surpringly spacious with the back seat down

coffeeking
    Free Member

I can get 2 in the back of a 5th gen with the strut braces across the boot, it takes a little careful threading etc but theres plenty of space, but you will need to remove the front wheels at least and allow for careful bar/frame/pedal alignment. Looking at the 7th gen i think it might be a tighter fit but still possible.

I used to get 3 bikes in a peugeot 205 with the seats up so anything is possible really 🙂

speaker2animals

I was amazed a few years ago at at Trailquest type thing when two guys turned up in Ford Ka with 2 bikes in back and gear. I’d felt hard done to getting my bike (1 off) and kit in a Nissan X-Trail.

It’s all a matter of mental dexterity I feel.

rowemasters
    Free Member

Carried 1 / 2 bikes in a Celica with no real trouble. The tailgate glass is quite low, gotta be a little careful if you slam it closed. Well recommended thou.

cp

coffeking – I have a 205! They were made for carrying bikes 🙂 mate has got a gen 5 celica which does have quite a deep boot… the gen 7 seems to have a higher base in the boot, and the glass starts to slope slightly earlier.

Will go and have another look at one. No matter what folk say about them being hairdressers cars, they are damn fine – really comfy to sit in and great to drive.

cheers for the feedback

Wrongun
    Free Member

Actually, you can do better. You can get 1 mtb in the boot with the REAR SEATS UP and the parcel shelf in. You do have to undo the bar/stem clamp on the bike, and take the wheels off. This capability is extreamly useful, as you can leave the car parked and no-one would suspect a bike is in the boot. I toured Scotland with my Kona Stinky safley locked away last year. Even left the car parked overnight in Newcastle city centre on the way back.

Geat car. With the seats down you can fit 2 bikes + reasonable weekend luggage.

cp

thanks wrongun, sounds perfect 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bikes in the back of a toyota celica??’ is closed to new replies.