Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bikes in the back of a Skoda yeti?
  • rOcKeTdOg

Easy or PiTA?

mudshark
    Free Member

Easy with the seats out. In my Roomster I take out 2 seats, leaving one for my son, and put in bike in bike bag upright and then get loads of luggage too.

With all seats out I can get a bike in with front wheel off.

mrhoppy

Seat out, dead easy. Drop the front wheel and the boot is tall enough to just post it in upright. With the side and middle out you’d easily get 2 bikes in side by side. I carry a bungy cord in the back to hook round the boot rail to hold the bike up.

I’ve not tried without removing the seat but they remove so easily I wouldn’t not do. I suspect if you rolled them up a bike would go in flat fine though. I’m impressed with mine so far.

grey

I have to take one seat out to get my Alpine Five 29er in with both wheels off and it lying flat, probably would fit upright with just the front off.
    i also have the Skoda bike rack in the back, bit limited as it only fits Q/R forks, but my 26″ bike and roadie fit right in upright, I still like to take a seat out though.
    I really need to make adapters for it to take 15mm forks.
    with a bit of jiggling i have fitted three bike in the back.
    Two 29ers and a 26″ HT.

rOcKeTdOg

That’s good info guys, cheers

Next question 4×4 or not? Would probably go petrol as I do short journeys & won’t be towing anything big

mrhoppy

4×4 wasn’t an option for me as I’m Co2 limited for work and they’re all above my threshold but it seems like quite a lot more for something that wasn’t a great benefit to me. If you’re not towing or going seriously off road why bother, you can still have the outdoor styling in 2wd if that’s what you’re after.

I’m getting 50+mpg out the 2wd 110bhp diesel but that’s mostly longer out of town runs. It’s fine but feels like it needs more oomph really, I’d not want to go less power.

cb

Bugger – OH has a Yeti on lease, didn’t even know that the seats came out! You lot mean the whole back seat?

mrhoppy

Dunno but on mine (new one) each individual seat in the back slides forwards and back, folds flat rolls forward and can be removed with 2 levers. Makes it extremely versatile.

cb

Ah ha. Shall be trying that out later – always thought the Yeti was useless for bikes but that will help! I knew they slid forward etc but complete removal changes the game!

mrhoppy

Once the seats folded forward there are 2 red levers flick them down and it just lifts out.

mudshark
    Free Member

The fantastic removable seats was a big part of me going for a Roomster and why I think it likely my next car will be a Yeti.

grey

Yup, my seats come out individualy.
    My one is a 2.0L Tdi 4×4 110bhp model.
    I usually get about 45mpg and 110bhp is loads of power to me as my last car was only 85bhp. My friend has the 185bhp model and it’s a bit bonkers.
    I only got a 4×4 as thats what iv’e driven for the last 25yrs.
    A long list of Landrovers then a Kangoo 4×4.
    I bought the Yeti as it was as close to the Kangoo as i could get or i would have had another Kangoo 4×4.

ian-r

Tall bike and full size spare make it a bit tight but as above rear seat out and front wheel off.

ninkynonk
    Free Member

1.2 petrol here and it’s fantastic

rear seats are great, I’ve got roof bike carriers but for transporting the fat bike its just remove the middle seat and the fattie slides in without the front wheel. Still plenty of room for all the kit etc. in the boot and two children in the rear seats.

mrchrispy

ive the variable boot floor in mine and with the seats folded down its easy to get a couple of bike flat in the back (with front wheel off). new one on order and I’m getting the towbar as its much less faff. 1.4 petrol 4×4, dont really need the 4×4 but it can be fun at times 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bikes in the back of a Skoda yeti?’ is closed to new replies.