Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bikes gone – gutted
  • Caher

Just come back from a weekend away and my 3 bikes were stolen from the garage. Huge lock etc and chained together. Have made crime report but little hope there.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

😥

cranberry
    Free Member

Been there. It sucks.

I hope you get them back.

Mr_C
    Free Member

Feel for you.

What’s been stolen and in which area? It’s not unknown for someone on here to spot a nicked bike and reunite it with it’s owner.

project
    Free Member

2 QUESTIONS,
    1, do you drive round with bikes on roof of car,

2, have you visited a trail centre recently.

if so, you may well have been followed home, for a steal to order bike.

Caher

Reigate/Redhill
    a stumpjumper comp full suss,
    on one pompetamine
    Uncle John planet x

cheers

Caher

I usually ride from the house. I think maybe being watched?

chakaping
    Free Member

Had mine nicked a couple of weeks ago so I feel for you mate.

Actually getting more angry about it now other bad stuff that was happening has calmed down.

Scumbags.

kayak23

👿

seosamh77
    Free Member

literally just realised mine is gone too, tis a bugger, was just lying in the close mind you and it was my old bike and is fairly kicked in, still crap though, leaves me without a backup… If anybody sees an old 07 GT avalanche expert kicking about glasgow with a clicky pro2 back wheel, let me know where.

Kryton57

Christ!

Mine are in a workshop attached to the house that has a Yale lock and an (allegededly) unpickable hardened steel padlock on the door and are all (3 of them) chained together with a Magnum lock which is about 3″ across and weighs about 15kg. I dont have specific insurance.

I still don’t feel they are safe.

I’ve just moved, and am getting nervous about whose watching me leaving for my rides :-/

Caher

Kryton57, that pretty much describes the way i had mine.

midlifecrashes

Bummer. Horrid sinking feeling, I’ve been there, but thanks to big dogs and luck, not for a while. Hope you get them back/insurance sorts you ok.

footflaps

There is pretty much nothing a petrol powered angle grinder can’t get through given enough time, so best insure if they’re not already…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sorry Caher, I know that won’t bring them back. Bummer of a thing to come back to after a weekend away. But keep your eyes peeled – you never know.

Kryton57

Caher – Member
    Kryton57, that pretty much describes the way i had mine.

Thats made me nervous. My workshop has blinds and you can’t see the bikes. I has kinda pinned my hopes on the fact that any one would struggle to get 3 bikes locked together through a normal door, after they’d busted the locks of that.

I guess if they want it, they’ll get it.

Just did a quick few insurance quotes – any where between £700 and £1100pa so far!

uwe-r
    Free Member

Sucks, I still have an eye out for my old cannon dale that was stolen years ago.

seadog101

The sad thing is that no matter how hard you try, there’s always some ‘***hole who will have the kit/knowledge to get your bikes if they want them.

I heard of a mate who had their bikes nicked even though it required the car, alarmed, immobilised, steering lock fitted, to be rolled out of the way of the garage door, then the various locks and anchors cut through (don’t leave your tools in the vicinity of the bikes, doh!). Certainly was to order as they left the motorbike, which could easily have been rolled out of the garage.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Is pinching to order on the up then? Keep my bike in the van mostly and what concerns me most is the other gear which I have in there!!

project
    Free Member

Is pinching to order on the up then

When a reasonable bike will cost 1500 quid in a shop and somebody offers you one for say 500 quid, some will give 500 quid no questions asked.

or even buy second hand stuff stripped from stlen bikes.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bikes gone – gutted’ is closed to new replies.