Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bikes from the local tip…….can't resist.
  • Wally

Should it have stayed there?
    I just had an empty van and could not resist and I will transplant bits over from earlier Tip atrocity.

Earlier

Beats decorating;-)

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Jealous!! Not at the bikes, specifically, more the having an empty van and a skip!!

Free stuff is always good – especially if you can have fun fettling/tinkering and maybe even pass on to a friend/charity who needs a runaround bike.

98-99 Rock shock Judy forks – not too shabby : )

badblood
    Free Member

that looks like a DDG Shooter frame, if it is then you have landed a bit of a peach! Well done that man!

jimmy

sure it was there for the taking?! 😯

Wally

Sure was, the Starsky and Hutch slide over another cars bonnet to catch him before he hurled it into the metal recycle container was maybe a little OTT. Owner was happy it was going to be used again – he could not be bothered with it.
    I guess it's a jump/play bike. The idea is to create a 2 hour max mud SS plugger for local woods.

I will not spend any money on it.
    I will not (repeat, when wife is over your shoulder)

mudshark
    Free Member

Everyone should now about and use Freecycle – it's terrible what gets thrown away!

oldgit
    Free Member

There's a yard near a farm close by that has loads of old cars rusting away, along with motorbikes tools and God knows what, but leant against a shed is a a stack of old drop bared bikes. I'd love to see what they are.

geoffj

The bikes from our dump get sent to The Bike Station in Edinburgh who recycle them and sell them on.
    Freecycle is also good, but it can be a real pain arranging collection for stuff.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

You cant have them from our local recycle centre/tip. More 'Health and Safety'. I feel cosseted to death as its all got so extreme and silly.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ours get sent to the claverhouse group – which is fine but unlike the bikestation they do not sell safe bikes …. despite advertising that they meet BS standards – in many cases that i have seen they do not – by a long shot !

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

cool play things.

J0N
    Free Member

LOL. my girlfriends dad found the same model of peugeot at the tip. Put into good use as a paper/pub bike.

singletrackmind

My collegue has rescued a Gt Chucker, in need of a crank arm and pedal .
    And a Honda badged GT xc bike , plus a Sunn MBX 26" wheeled BMX cross over bike which is super sweet, even if its like a 14" frame.
    Plus a cheapo FS which he ebayed for £120.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bikes from the local tip…….can't resist.’ is closed to new replies.