Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • bikes and spades??
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

What's the safest way to carry a spade on a bike?

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

misunderstood the title…

jacko54321
    Free Member

in a backpack with the handle sticking up, just remember when your going under trees and stuff, may want to put something around the bit in your bag to stop it damaging it,

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Try a tandem.

jedi

i always carry mine with the head of my spade in the helmet carry part of my backpack

psling
    Free Member

Well, yesterday I used a Land Rover to carry the spade and other bits and pieces whilst the others followed on singlespeeds [premarking SSEC'10 course] 8)

shermer75
    Free Member

How do people condense links into nice "clicky here" hypertext btw?

Jamie
    Free Member

1. Click URL button.
    2. Enter URL then hit OK.
    3. Enter Text then hit ok.
    4. Sorted.

Alternately write the word you want to be displayed, select it then hit the URL Button and just enter the URL.

shermer75
    Free Member

Ok..

shermer75
    Free Member
    Bushwacked
    Free Member

Spade in backpack is probably best. Was thinking about strapping it to the toptube.

Right that's tomorrows fun sorted 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

Those folding ones are OK but don't last long with heavy use. When they snap, replace the pivot rivits with a bike q/r lever and bolt.

Trekster

#
    mamadirt – Member

Those folding ones are OK but don't last long with heavy use. When they snap, replace the pivot rivits with a bike q/r lever and bolt.
    Posted 3 hours ago # Report-Post

And best to wear some protective gloves for when it does break.
    We tend to pre-plan stuff, carry tools in, hide for next days dig, move tools to next bit and so on. I carry folding saw and spade when out on maint rides about once a month.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘bikes and spades??’ is closed to new replies.