Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bikes & accessories worth £50,000 stolen
  • simmy
    Free Member

At Leisure Lakes Bury.

Anyone who knows the area will know the showroom is on the first floor so took some guts to go through the roof.

http://www.gmp.police.uk/live/nhoodv3.nsf/SocialTwitterFeed/6F29FCD981A9CA2D80257BBE0056A304

RustySpanner

If the thieves are reading this, I ride a 16 inch frame.
    Drop me a line and let me know what you’ve got.

Ta!

ratherbeintobago

Five SCs and two Yetis. Anyone got any more specific details so the STW hive mind can keep an eye out?

iolo
    Free Member

£50,000 sounds a bit much. Insider insurance job?

project
    Free Member

10,000 quid for a bike, you could get a house for that in Bury, also big hole in probably a flat roof, hope they get a roofer due to the heavy rain.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Is that RRP or trade value?

Bregante

I’ve been waiting for details from the cops at Bury all day. I’m off tomorrow so if nobody else has put the details up by Wednesday, I will oblige.

binners

Last time I was in there they had a replica of Steve Peats bike, carbon everything, for £8,500!!’ 😯

So £50,000 sounds about right! I’d say i’d keep my eyes peeled, but I doubt they’ll be anywhere in the vicinity of Bury by now. That’s a big building! Cutting through a roof like that sounds like people who know what they’re doing! And clearly knew what they wanted! I’d love to know how they shift this stuff on. I’m sure I’m not alone there!

Bregante

Cycle Addicts in Rochdale was done at the weekend too apparently

RustySpanner

ratherbeintobago – Member

Five SCs and two Yetis.

A pair of Fox forks and a Gore jacket would round that up to £50,000 easily.

Seriously, have asked people to keep an eye open.

ratherbeintobago

Cycle Addicts in Rochdale was done at the weekend too apparently

Again? That’s twice in the 18 months he’s been open.

Edit: it appears so. Here are some pictures of what was taken.

Two bike shops (by coincidence, the two bike shops
    I use most often) not far apart done in a few days. I wonder if it’s the same people? Hope the police get them.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

They did have 2 Santa Cruz’s with price tags well north of £8,000 the other week.

Sounds like they were first on the Supermarket Sweep

project
    Free Member

One of the problems is with bike shops is they usually have all the expensive stuff on display, just secured with a flimsy wire through the wheels, easilly cut releasing all the bikes, poor recording cctv, if any fitted,older buildings with access from the roof or rear doors, in properley secured, or ones that open inwards.

So bike shop owners, cctv, with secure dvd storage, decent alarm connected to monitoring station,

Steel plate on rear doors, with metal gate on the inside, hinges bolted through the brickwork,with decent locks, dont lock during opening times if a fire exit,

perforated roller shutters on all g/f windows and leave a light on at night so people can see in.

Razor wire could be installed in roof void, but then in a fire some fire man is going to seriously hurt himself,

Gary_C

I was in L/L Bury yesterday, The hole in the roof was directly above the Orange bikes display & it must have been a good 10 to 12 feet high from floor to ceiling level, plus the bike store is on the top floor of the building above the Iceland store.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The bloke I thought might have been responsible is currently on I wing at our place, so it’s not him. 😐

He got done for 80K’s worth off a truck.

ratherbeintobago

List of what was taken from LL now on their website. Bikes:

Tallboy alloy SPX 29er Large White (AI0405975)
    Tallboy LT Carbon XT AM 29er Medium Yellow (G0012ML)
    Blur Alloy TR XT XC Large Red (A21254509)
    Bronson Alloy XT AM Medium Grey (a502937s)
    Bronson Carbon XTR AM Medium (gfsnl00bbm00250)
    SB66 Carbon Black XT Build Kit Medium
    SB95 Carbon Turq Race Build Kit Large (3dofa 510070-3dora010194)

chipps

I’ve hidden a few posts from this thread. I think we know which ones and I think you’ll know why. 😉
    The right people know about the right things, the purple cow flies at midnight. That kind of thing. Happy to explain further if you want to email me.

myheadsashed

A nods as good as a wink to a blind man 😯

andyl
    Free Member

tbh I think the ebay seller linked to was just putting up fake ebay and free-ads adverts on hacked accounts and nothing to do with this theft. Especially as some of the listings for one of the models above was from last week.

The details still need reporting though.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bikes & accessories worth £50,000 stolen’ is closed to new replies.