Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Bikers on Rivington road/Belmont
  • hora
    Free Member

Anyone know this road? It’s full of motorbikers on good weekend days. Today I almost had a head on with one idiot on the wrong side of the road (he locked up his rear wheel/I stopped luckily), fast forward 30mins later and the air ambulance was out for sadly a 3bike accident 🙁 Added to the mix is a photographer who takes shots and sells the images to the riders which to me makes some people push themselves in that section.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Can’t honestly say I GAS about idiots riding motorbikes.

The sensible ones I do care about.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I know the road and all the roads around there, the traffic in general is shite. Cycling around the whole area was awful.
    Multiple injuries from motorbike accidents is a matter of when and not if. There’s a little memorial on the Egerton Road where a biker had his last ride.
    At the Horseshoe Pass, Llangollen they have a photographer and I’ve seen a motorbike with panniers labelled blood sitting on one of the corners.
    Idiot bikers aren’t just a danger to themselves.
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euW8mxuBCqU[/video]

Cletus

A cyclist was killed in a collision with a biker there a couple of years ago.

http://road.cc/content/news/131095-safety-concerns-after-cyclist-dies-following-crash-motorcycle

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve said before they should close t’ cat and fiddle on summer Sunday mornings from 5 till 6 am so all the wannabe rossi’s can kill themselves without risking other normal folks lives.

hora
    Free Member

I was sat outside the Black Dog watching a fair few opening it up riding past with three on their back wheel as they passed the pub.

matt_bl
    Free Member

I’ve used this road a lot this year, triathlon training on the bike and in one of the reservoirs near Rivi.

The number of dickheads on motorbikes I have seen beggars belief, overtaking at any point, even where the sight lines are terrible. It’s just a matter of time before the next fatality.

Conversely I have had no problems with cars, for some reason they are unbelievably courteous over there.

Matt

davewalsh
    Free Member

I was up there in the car today with the wife and kids. Dropping down into Belmont one idiot went round the outside of me on a blind bend (left hander just before the ressie). Turned left at the Black Dog and he pulls up on the left to wait for his mate. 30 seconds later he comes past on the outside of a blind bend again. If something had been coming the other way on both occasions he would have been looking at a head on smash. Absolute bell-end.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Yup totally agree there is some complete idiots on motorbikes on that road. Needs to be avoided on a sunny Sunday.
    Was riding my motorbike today in that area heading towards Belmont from the M65. Orange Kawasaki overtaking cars over double white lines made me swerve out the way as he barged his way through.

I’d say I hope karma catches up with him and he ended up in a wall but my work colleagues have to fix the plebs when they arrive by air ambulance.

Been riding 18 years now and I still think that you should be limited to a certain cc for a few years. Any nonce can pay £500 do their test and go out and buy a 180 bhp Yamaha R1 if your over 25.

ulysse
    Free Member

And this is why I avoid Rivvi at the weekends

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I’ve seen a motorbike with panniers labelled blood sitting on one of the corners.

That’ll be a Blood bike; nothing wrong with those lads, they perform a great service.

Organ donors out for a sunday morning scream around will soon run out of luck and end up in pieces having hit some road furniture

Pigface
    Free Member

That’ll be a Blood bike

Correct, I have a friend who is a volunteer blood biker, any weather any time he will be delivering blood products. He must of saved a lot of lives.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

photographer who takes shots and sells the images to the riders

That shouldn’t be allowed on a public road IMO.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

That’ll be a Blood bike; nothing wrong with those lads, they perform a great service.

I know what it is, it was a comment that they felt their presence was required in an area where there is a high probability that their services would be needed. 😯

martinhutch

Doesn’t seem to have been as bad on the A65 between Skipton and Kirkby Lonsdale this year. Normally you can guarantee a succession of nutters or worse a whole pack of them (with the last couple inevitably overtaking late into blind bends to keep up.)

It’s either natural selection or they’ve headed down to Rivvi, by the sounds of it.

Never understood the attraction of the A65 to bikers. Horrible, boring road.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

this is why i tend to stick to riding MTB around here at the weekend. that road is a nightmare.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve also avoided riding over that road at weekends since David Hitchen was killed.

If you’ve come down San Marino (not that there’s much point these days), just ride/push back up it instead of pedaling up the road.

Hora – Please take the time to report your incident to the police. After the death they had a traffic officer up there with a radar gun.

wors
    ScottChegg
    Free Member

…it was a comment that they felt their presence was required in an area…

They carry blood from hospital to hospital. They don’t squeeze it into some sap at the side of the road. Nor do they mop up what comes out when a Valentino smears himself down the asphalt.

He was just chillin’

BenjiM

Doesn’t seem to have been as bad on the A65 between Skipton and Kirkby Lonsdale this year. Normally you can guarantee a succession of nutters or worse a whole pack of them (with the last couple inevitably overtaking late into blind bends to keep up.)

It’s either natural selection or they’ve headed down to Rivvi, by the sounds of it.

Never understood the attraction of the A65 to bikers. Horrible, boring road.

If they’re on the A65 they’re probably on their way to Ribblehead & Hawes as there’s always some sort of congregation going on over that way, certainly on the road out of Ingleton or on the Horton Road. We were on the A65 yesterday going to visit friends in Long Preston, multiple daft overtakes onto crests on double white lines, lots of traffic both directions and a couple of very near misses. Not far from the Hellifield turn off, lo and behold two bikes, that had overtaken us earlier, up against the wall with a car stopped with the back end smashed in.

traildog
    Free Member

The road has gone crazy for a number of years now. I avoid it at the weekends if I possibly can. I often take one of the cheeky footpaths along the side which comes out on the road and once a motorbike crashed right in front of me as he lost control out of the narrow section of road. He was lucky, as he could have been far more hurt. His mate come and helped him up and said “I did exactly the same a few months back”. I was really bloody lucky I wasn’t on the road as I’d have got taken out.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Used the road quite a few times on my motorbike and had two near accidents. One with a 4×4 that straight lined through the bends and only just managed to miss me. The other was a with a bunch of roadies who overtook another cyclist without even raising their heads to check what was coming towards them only to find me slamming on the brakes to come to halt with only feet spare from having an head on. Idiots use all sorts of transport.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Bikers on Rivington road/Belmont’ is closed to new replies.