Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Bikers in the North Manchester, Bolton, Preston area
  • niceandy
    Free Member

Me and the wife to be moved to a small village (Egerton) just north of Bolton a while ago. We’ve done some exploring over Rivington and the way, but most of the time default to riding over the Peak due to familiarity and laziness, but need to get to know the local area better.

Is anyone, or are there any clubs based in the area that would mind showing us out and about?

My other half is also keen to find any ladies groups as it tend to be bloke dominated at the moment.

Cheers

Tango-Man
    Free Member

Thursday night from the Hare and Hounds in Ramsbottom, GBUK ride, an excuse for a pint really, from super fast skinny yoofs to fat old dodderers(moi) we can show you around and teach how to drink real ale

Chris

niceandy
    Free Member

Cheers for that Chris. What time do you meet?

Should be up for that this Thursday.

Andy

ratherbeintobago

Might be able to meet you in Rammy if you can do weekdays (evenings/weekends a bit politically difficult with Mrs RBIT).

Andy

grumm
    Free Member

Get in touch with Junkyard off here – he’s quite alright really, despite being into the weird niche of riding chainless.

2hottie
    Free Member

Try these guys out, good group of people

http://www.bogtrotters.org/

niceandy
    Free Member

Weekday evenings ok. Going to try the ride from the pub on Thursday.

Cheers

justme
    Free Member

if you get to the hare n hounds about 715 and wait – I think they meet about 730 really good bunch of lads – they’re the guys behind the brownbacks racing at lee quarry g

Junkyard
    Free Member

to be fair I have now done the high street chainless twice – it could happen to anyone.
    Few locals riding rivvy way from Sharples meet up Tuesday and ride whatever the weather. We ride SS winter and a variety of bikes rest of year – another on Thursdays but they ride to pubs we ride to ride- see lowey
    kingskongsfinger if you ride to race 😉
    E-mail in profile if you want to know Rivvy stuff.
    Doing three towers- Rivvy, darwen and Peel if you have legs in a fortnight – 45 miles ish
    Few women I know who ride locally and no group – trio is on here she may know will mail her for you
    Group in blackburn
    http://www.alexbarnes1653.webspace.virginmedia.com/bikes/
    edit: IMHO lakes is a better option for day trips further but about same time to get there and more options- do trips there monthly ish

niceandy
    Free Member

Cheers, will give it a go this week.

wors

another on Thursdays but they ride to pubs we ride to ride- see lowey

bloody joking, he won’t buy beer any more, tighter than a ducks ass.

trio25
    Free Member

I’m actually leading a girls ride from belmint in a couple of weeks. Group mainly ride south manchester but come out this way every so now and again. Email me for details.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I was never suggesting that wors…but he wont do any downhill that does not end in a pub
    Waves to trio

Vortexracing

we usually do Rivvy either on a Tues or wed night and at weekends

Your more than welcome to join us, Jo will probably be welcome of bit of girl company for a change, instead of us old blokes.

give us a shout if you fancy joining us

niceandy
    Free Member

Thanks a lot for all the posts. Sounds like there’s a lot in the area.

Justme and Tangoman, all things permitting will give it a blast on Thurs at 7.15.

Junkyard, happy to hear any hints on good places. Mail is andrewthomasperryATyahooDOTcoDOTuk. Tuesdays I work away, so not the best night. Would be interested in 3 towers and think I am around that weekend (will check calendar tomorrow and confirm).

Trio25. Thanks for that. Reckon H will be well up for the Belmont ride in 2 weeks. She’s away until Wed but I’ll get her to email you for details.

Vortex, do you have an email address or any chance you could you pop me a line on email above?

Cheers all

Vortexracing

e mail is

eastham8 at aol dot com

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

also Bog Trotters 🙂

TonyL
    Free Member

And of course you are close to Lee and Cragg Quarries now and the surrounding areas!

New face book group just been started up for riders in the area [/url]

MadBillMcMad

I must have almost biked past your door on sunday morning from Entwistle to winter hill.

You have a fab choice of routes right from your door.
    Darwen Tower, Winter Hill, Peel Tower
    Would you like some GPX files of routes ?
    email me if you do – in the profile.

I am quite happy to take you out for a guided ride(s) in the area.
    I ride with a group who are based all over the manchester area but we start from Winter Hill or Entwistle about 1/4 weeks or so.

Junkyard,
    what day are you doing the 3 Towers? If free I wouldn’t mind joining.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

or if you just want to explore you can either take to top road out of egerton , find crowthorn school and take the road up the hill, takes you onto moor bottom road and leads you over to holcombe hill [ where peel tower is ] lots of nice trails to explore.otherwise find entwistle station , go past the strawberry duck pub and take the little trail to the right of the car park , takes you over on bridleways to cadshw, you’ll see the a666 blackburn road in fron of you , take a left and then look for a path into the woods , hang a right and follow the trail till it rejoins the road, ride on the road for about a mile then take the bridleway off to the right brings you out by the back of turton tower.hope that helps

wors

Try and stay away from the layby just past baroccos.

Artillerydave
    Free Member

you could check us out too, we have plenty of members in your area. http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk

plumber
    Free Member

Bogtrotter more Southerly members have a wednesday night ride most weeks but I don’t think its in the ride list – I’m sure SFB would be able to give you Matts number who organises that I think

Theres South Manchester Massive – NBT and Binners off here I think

Theres also BAD – Blackburn and Darwen MTBers

And I think Nezbo off here has a small group that ride around Darwen area.

I’m happy to show you the bits i know on the other side of the valley from Peel Tower up near the windmills – any time as I’m time rich/job poor

Plum

Junkyard
    Free Member

mad bill nov 06/07 depending on weather pass outs will e-mail you once we commit to date

D0NK

takes you onto moor bottom road and leads you over to holcombe hill

Yep but should mention this goes through a firing range so is occasionally closed, I have yet to find a decent source of closed days info, anyone know?

and yeah watch out exploring the woods at the top of A666

footstomper
    Free Member

Try and stay away from the layby just past baroccos.

Rode along last week on the way home from a darkside ride with my Son, half way along & 2 guys jump over the wall from wood run to their seperate cars and zoom off 🙁 very sad people.

(niceandy) we ride from the Sunnyhurst Pub in Darwen every Tuesday no matter what the weather. It is usually a fast pace but there are a few of us who keep the whippets waiting. We set off around 6.20pm you are more than welcome to join us, especially after the ride when we call into the pub for a few beers (too many usually) and share the sandwiches with the Dashers running club.

MadBillMcMad

I can remember one dark & cold winter night riding back from Winter Hill going through the A666 ‘car park’ and seeing a naked women running from one car to another.

The image is still blazed on to my eyeballs.

not that we want to put you off riding in these strange northern parts niceandy.

cheers Junkyard – hopefully I’ll be free.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Tuesday and Thursday meet at 6 pm from Horwich, 2 hrs quick,no stopping(except for mechanicals or near fatal crashes)

Good fun, usually climb up to mast road all off road, down dog kennels, down eliminator, over to tin mines, down to anglezark, round the resi’s to Healy Nabb, few laps off HN and singletrack all way back to Horwich.

99% off road. Email in profile. :mrgreen:

philfive
    Free Member

i’m from Accrington and i mainly can be found at Lee quarry

MrSparkle

Sunday morn ride on offer from Darwen. ’bout 3 hours KO 9:00am. email me if interested.

geoffj

I feel homesick 😥

Lowey is in Bromley Cross too

niceandy
    Free Member

Thanks all for the info, very helpful.

Trio25, H interested in the girls ride the coming weekend, tried to find your email on blog but must have missed it. Can you please email me when and where to meet up on mellanfot.at.gmaildotcom? Cheers

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Bikers in the North Manchester, Bolton, Preston area’ is closed to new replies.