Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Bikeradar
  • MrSalmon
    Free Member

Just been on there after not looking all that much lately. Is it just me or is there much less actual content on there than there used to be? The non-ad area itself seems very small, and it all seems to be very short articles, with big links to other articles at the end.
    Or is this just an effect of their redesign?

lemonysam
    Free Member

Yeah but there is a **** massive picture of their editor on every page looking like he’s just sharted and is hoping you’ve not noticed.

njee20
    Free Member

Mmm, I’ve been thinking there are very few stories appearing, and what’s there seems to stay for ages. Trouble with huge thumbnail pics is that there’s less variety of content on the front page anyway.

Jamie
    Free Member

It is a bit odd when you get to the bottom of a page/review, which will usually have no comments on it, and this fella looms into view…

weeksy

Funny enough, I went there for the first time in years today…

Got 3 pop ups within the first min and clicked the x button as it irritated me.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I emigrated here from BR about 3 years ago, haven’t felt the need to go back much, except that I sold my Roadbike on it a few months ago. even then they got upset and deleted my ad ’cause I dropped the price and invited offers. Found the new look site annoying.
    Seems to me it is heavily moderated in some places and a wild west frontier in others.

njee20
    Free Member

If you want to comment on articles you have to sign in via Twitter/Facebook rather than using your forum login, which seems stupid to me!

globalti
    Free Member

I didn’t know Tony Bliar was a cyclist.

smogmonster

They have the absolute worst **** in the world as their forum moderator. Total Nazi..i put a post up a while back without a pic as my camera was playing silly buggers. In the 10 minutes it took to work out what wrong he banned me from posting because id broken forum rules. He liked my reply even less than the original post. I also made sure it had a picture….. 😈

Cougar

You’re just spoiled by the fantastic ones we have on here.

njee20
    Free Member

They have the absolute worst **** in the world as their forum moderator

Who? Supersonic, or Nicklouse? They seem to be the main ones. The forum is full of muppets, it’s generally vastly less knowledgeable than here, with a few exceptions, and there’s a core of big hitters as per here.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

It is a bit odd when you get to the bottom of a page/review, which will usually have no comments on it, and this fella looms into view…

Ha, that’s struck me as a bit strange before! Can’t really see why they feel the need to have him on there so prominently.

Jamie
    Free Member

You’re just spoiled by the fantastic ones we have on here.

No, I don’t think it’s that. 😀

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Is supersonic still floating there?

Jamie
    Free Member

Is supersonic still floating there?

I think him and Nick whatshisface are still going for a million posts*

*Yes I appreciate the irony.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

has he ridden his bike yet?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I don’t go there, it makes me feel insecure.

I feel secure here.

wingnuts

Yeap bikebouy we’re all in a secure institution on here.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Last I heard Sonic was still a GT fanboy but not actually riding. Loved his Zaskars. Nick’s over in Norway or something like that? Used to be on there when it was the WMB forum before BR…. Then it turned into UK-MTB which I believe is still going. Fozzy was another of the old crew – think I’ve seen him on here.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Forum is like a ghost town compared to the hey day, look at todays posts! Lol

aphex_2k
    Free Member

BR forum had a hey day? Missed the email. 🙁

Northwind

smogmonster – Member

They have the absolute worst **** in the world as their forum moderator. Total Nazi

Nah, I quit a while back.

njee20
    Free Member

Forum is like a ghost town compared to the hey day, look at todays posts! Lol

MTB forum traffic has fallen off a cliff in the last couple of months (never really look at the others), I find the website seems to be down quite often too. Can’t help but think their upgrade was misguided.

I don’t get the impression Supersonic rides much, but he’s still a GT fanboi, and does know his stuff. Nicklouse lives in Sweden IIRC according to his avatar.

Jamie
    Free Member

Nah, I quit a while back.

Your username was Total Nazi?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I actually let out a little LOL there Jamie 😀

njee20
    Free Member

Likewise!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Me too !! 😆

awh
    Free Member

Viewing BR on my laptop I can’t see the first headline because the page header and huge advert take up nearly all the space. Says to me adverts are more important than our content.

iain1775
    Free Member

funny thread

LMT
    Free Member

Sonic still rides, last time I used facebook he is biking somewhere, all about the zaskars still! He did have a spell writing for WhatMTB not sure if he still does as haven’t got that mag for years. Him and Nick seem fairly sound enough, not sure about the other mods, only pop over now and then to look at the canyon thread.

prawny

I used to be a regular when I was a roadie, but the MTB forum is pretty weird at times. Loads of sub forums and the threads can be at the extreme ends of the spectrum.

I came over here a year or so ago, then flogged the roadie and only go on the pro race forum now

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah he used to do the Ask Sonic piece iirc?

tomhoward

Not been on BR for a while, still part of the CC FB group for occasional oddness, but the forum itself died a death a couple of years ago for me. Everyone still there seems to be a caricature of themselves. That or totally batshitmental.

How old is Jay12 these days? 40?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I used to be on the WhatMTB forum and then the interim one which fozzybear ran and then uk-mtb. but that slowly died off. I think there are a few folks here which used to play there as well

CountZero

Ha, that’s struck me as a bit strange before! Can’t really see why they feel the need to have him on there so prominently.

It’s giving Jamie something fun to play with!
    Every day that Jamie comes on here to play is a good day. 😀

Harry_the_Spider

I don’t get it.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I think “cooldad” is to blame for the decline in bikeradar forum, most pessimistic, flaming user i’ve come across! 😯

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Bikeradar’ is closed to new replies.