Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • BikeParkWales Question
  • ratswithwings
    Free Member

Guess this is a question for people that have already been.

The uplift is fully booked up for when I want to go and have a slightly dodgy knee but still able to ride.

I just have a question regarding the uphill bike trail to the to top of the dh trails. Whats the ride up like? A vein buster or a comparatively decent ride up?

Also it says on the webpage that when there’s room on the uplift you can bag a space for £4 a pop. Have people managed to do this?

cheers

cloudnine
    Free Member

I heard you can bribe the driver with biscuits and iron bru.
    You could just push your dh bike up the trails like most of the others seem to do.

philwarren11
    Free Member

On opening day a few people got on with 4 quid payments, make sure you got change tho as the drivers arent allowed to carry a float.

No idea what the ride up is like, but i cant imagine you’d want to on a DH bike.

cookeaa

I have a 2 day riding pass from ‘Er indoors, valid a few weeks from now.

Unfortunately I was only able to book the Sunday but I’m thinking I might still do a Pedal up HT reccy on the Sat and then go “overbiked” with my DH bike for the uplift on Sunday…

From all the interweb chatter I’ve read my 170mm bike will be a bit overkill for many of the trails and she’s not a climber, so the HT is my only other option for self winching… Have you got access to a shorter travel bike or HT?

Looking at the trail map Here they’ve not put a distance on the climb but I’d guess ~4K (2.5 miles?) mostly up the forrest trail top bit looks pretty flat (is that where the old uplifts used to drop you off?)

I doubt it’s “Unridable”, may not be an ideal climb on a full on DH rig with a gammy knee, but then I doubt anything is…

ratswithwings
    Free Member

Ah cheers. Bribes it is then mixed with a bit of pushing and riding as the situation arises.

Taking AM bikes rather than DH bikes as we’re riding south wales for a week so I guess we could ride the uphill trail. Just looking to save energy, the knee and aiming to do 3 days there so wanna not waste energy on the uphill stuff too much but I’m game for a bit of up stuff, just dont want it to take away from the fun down stuff.

toys19
    Free Member

On opening day a few many many people got on with 4 quid payments

I was on the uplift on opening day and the drivers had not quite got their priorities sorted, every van I was in had at least 4 people who had paid 4 quid. So unless it has radically changed I would say that you have a great chance of getting on with your fist full of change.

ChrisI

Was there on the Monday BH and they were very much telling people with only the day pass to wait until all uplift customers had got on, so I’m guessing that they did sort the priorities after opening day. Of the 5 uplifts we did, only 2 had PAYG customers on it, rest were all uplift passes.

therag
    Free Member

Yes the booked uplifters get priority but due to the varying lengths of trails there’s often a few spaces for left for £4.
    More in the afternoon as people start dropping out.
    The ride up is 30-45 mins.

toys19
    Free Member

Of the 5 uplifts we did, only 2 had PAYG customers on it, rest were all uplift passes.

This is good. It’s nice to know they are getting it sorted out.

acjim
    Free Member

Agh, I’d assumed there would be availability for uplifts for mid September – darn this popularity and hype!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘BikeParkWales Question’ is closed to new replies.