Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • BikePark Wales Easter Ride Report w/GoPro Footage
  • sprinter2139
    Free Member

Last time I went it was misty, cloudy, cold and generally miserable weather. The trails were damp, and my gears kept going out of sync because the rear QR axle kept coming loose.

This time the skies were blue, the clouds were sparse, the trails were dusty and my freshly upgraded/fettled bike performed like a dream! No offs, no skipping gears, no shifters falling off and going through the front wheel like at Aston Hill last weekend. Just 2 days of pure riding bliss!

Only slight pain was that my dropper was getting a bit sticky, but as I had it in the ‘down’ position for everything except pootling from the uplift bus to the trails, no big deal! Anyway, onto the fun bits…

View from the trail top, b..e..a..uuutiful!

And no bike trip is complete without a shot of your bike looking wistfully off into the distance!

Got home yesterday afternoon and washed/lubed the bike, then threw together this highlight reel in Adobe Premiere Pro. All shot on 1080p 60fps one of the BPW GoPro Hero5s (settings in the YouTube description if anyone wants to compare notes).

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_AVl05N9gg[/video]

kayak23

Mint 🙂

dvowles82
    Free Member

Lovely.

Footage looks great quality on the latest go pro, you have too.

sprinter2139
    Free Member

Thanks guys. 😀

I did a bit of research on what settings to use before I went this time.

A massive part of how good the footage comes out is down to the settings on the camera and what you do in post-processing, GoPro have teams of people editing their vids, so I’m pretty pleased with how mine came out! 8)

pnik

Very good, i’ve done some playing around with settings makes a massive difference. Theres a really long youtube of an mtber going through all the settings very informative if you like that kind of thing (i do). Well done for keeping it short and snappy i find it difficult to be that ruthless.

sprinter2139
    Free Member

Very good, i’ve done some playing around with settings makes a massive difference. Theres a really long youtube of an mtber going through all the settings very informative if you like that kind of thing (i do). Well done for keeping it short and snappy i find it difficult to be that ruthless.

I found that things like shutter speed and framerate need tweaking compared to the settings on a lot of the guides, I did find one about 40 minutes long from a guy talking about MTB settings specifically, probably the same one!

It is tricky cutting around half an hour of footage down to 1 minute, but people have short attention spans! haha

Plus I upload to Instagram too, so if I keep within 1 minute I can upload the same video to all platforms!

sprinter2139
    Free Member

Also, here’s a couple of full runs from Saturday. Popty Ping is definitely my new favourite in terms of pure fun factor!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSlvAZXaEIQ[/video]

Willy Waver is much longer but with no ‘proper’ jumps, but it’s a really fast flowy track and the quadruple berms are fun to slingshot between.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMWzFqLbdW8[/video]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘BikePark Wales Easter Ride Report w/GoPro Footage’ is closed to new replies.