Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bikepacking with dropper post…
  • iainc

any simple solutions ? I do recall seeing a short bit of seatpost mounted on back of saddle to attach a pack, which seemed a complicated answer.

Doing a 3 day trip next month and would ideally use my Revelate seatpack and Evoc 20l backpack, but would rather not take reverb out and put the fixed post in for the duration…

crewlie

I’ve used some pipe insulation if it’s just for a short trip. It works ok, but I find it makes it harder to get the pack as stable.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

I wrap a piece of roadbike inner tube around mine and ziptie it, its worked well so far, are you doing the WRT or the Scottish borders 3 dayer, iainc?

trail_rat
    Free Member

i just used some insulating tape where the strap sat.

dropper still worked for 2 inches 😀

fasthaggis
    iainc

thanks for ideas so far.

I wrap a piece of roadbike inner tube around mine and ziptie it, its worked well so far, are you doing the WRT or the Scottish borders 3 dayer, iainc?

no, a Cairngorm loop, end of May 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

well the above setting did most of the CG loop in november 😀

jam-bo

wrap the post in tape to protect it and use an enduro collar to limit travel?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Like cycle tourers for generations.

rudedog
    Free Member

I don’t think you would need to take a dropper – the route is pretty sedate in terms of technical features

trail_rat
    Free Member

it did make the descent into glen derry an absoute hoot(compared to the three other times i was round there last year on a different bike sans dropper) ….. but that was the only place i bothered to drop it…..

but on the whole i agree a dropper isnt really needed.

iainc

cheers all, for the sake of cutting a few cable ties, the dropper will come off for the trip !

honeybadgerx

+1 insulating tape. Did this to Ladybadger’s bike (for the Cairngorm loop as it happens) and she had no probs. Takes two mins, is v.cheap and can come straight off again.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bikepacking with dropper post…’ is closed to new replies.