Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Who makes my ideal Bikepacking / Touring bike
  • karnali
    Free Member

shand can u buy the fork seperate

13thfloormonk

Unless you are going half way round the world for months at a time (like baldysquirt has done btw) and not just for a couple of days. How are bb7s more reliable??

Having done a few multi-day trips with hydraulics, I can testify that BB7s would have been preferrable.

Overheating issues when descending steep technical trails in the highlands whilst towing a trailer come to mind, but worst was the cummulative effect of storing bikes outside, in the rain, whilst perhaps still covered in mud and grit from the day’s riding. My hayes were a rubbing, sticky pistoned mess by the end of one particular two week trip, and that was despite cleaning and lubing the pistons before I departed.

Shand – Nice looking bike!

Edit: The Stooshie is even nicer!! Little question/pointer for you though Shand, I’ve been actively trawling through forums and search engines looking for steel cyclocross/monstercross frames and your site has never come up? The stooshie in particular fits almost all my needs wants except for the price 🙁 and the abscence of disc mounts

Edit edit: Goddamit, the Stooshie DOES have disc mounts. That is now everything I’ve been looking for, even the paintjob. Fancy doing one half price for someone to take to B.C. and promote on the Vancouver CX scene? 😉

feenster
    Free Member

Haven’t read whole thread, so might have been said – but check out Old Man Mountain racks. Very good, expedition quality racks and fitting kits for mtb’s with disk brakes, suspension etc.

shandcycles
    Free Member

shand can u buy the fork seperate

Yup, all our forks are custom so drop us an email….

shandcycles
    Free Member

Fancy doing one half price for someone to take to B.C. and promote on the Vancouver CX scene?

Absolutely. You pay full price now and we’ll give you a posted dated cheque for half the total price. After 6 months, if we’ve sold 6 bikes off the back of your promotions you can cash the cheque, otherwise we’ll cancel it.

Sounds fair? You win, we win. I’ll await your CC details…..

🙂

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Shand nice bike have added web site sort of bike Im looking for

shandcycles
    Free Member

Stoater in bike camping mode here.

Bike Camping Stoater by shandcycles, on Flickr

Bike Camping Stoater by shandcycles, on Flickr

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Who makes my ideal Bikepacking / Touring bike’ is closed to new replies.