Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Bikepacking – recommended bivvy kit?
  • jameso

If you are going for the Thermarest rather than the big thick air mats, I use a 3/4 mat with a section of old closed cell foam mat to go under your lower legs when sleeping. Then you also have a sit mat and you can use it as a packing aid for the barbag too.

And befoe I got distracted by fire I was going to say that this ^ is sound stuff. I’ve done overnighters with a roll of foam mat, packed by wrapping around the sleeping bag then using ferns etc to pad out the ground. Warm and comfy and half the fun of all this is doing it on the cheap.

For a bar roll, a bit of foam and some 1″ webbing strap and buckles works well enough.

wicki
    Free Member

I have full panniers and racks from road touring along with tent 2 man about 2.3 k vango airmat 900gm and a half descent sleeping bag so i think ill mix and match for a while using maybe the 2 front panniers on the rack with a bar roll

that should give me a starting setup without spending a fortune the ortliebs work well on the road and the weight is kept low on the bike.

AlexSimon

momo – Member

Any links to instructions on how to make that stove AlexSimon?
    I think I just watched a few youtube videos and the combined the best bits of each.
    One important thing is to make sure there is good air circulation to an area UNDER the fire – so have a raised grille.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Bikepacking – recommended bivvy kit?’ is closed to new replies.