• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by aP.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 'Bikepacking' in Tuscany
  • matt_outandabout

The video on the front page.
    They stayed in B&B. They finished in a day and a half.
    It’s not really bike packing is it?

Video: Bikepacking Adventures In Tuscany

aP
    Free Member

That’s Italian bikepacking. About lunchtime phone the wife, get her to book you into an hotel, get all your kit washed, then promenade in the square after dinner in chinos, duvet jackets and moccasins with TT caps on. Act surprised when the rather grubby Brits are setting off into the hills at 9:30pm because there’s nowhere to camp or stay, and don’t want to pose and have their pictures taken.
    We did meet some Italians who camped in the woods, not many though.

Mbnut
    Free Member

3 days and 560km… second night under a lorry.

Fair play I reckon.

I am just off down the Post Office to pick up a parcel that is a load of gear bought from a STWer so I will be off out for a local night out as soon as my sleeping quilt arrives…. super excited!

scotroutes

Hmm. I’m doing the Bearbones 200 this weekend and it’s also a “bikepacking” event, even though many of the participants plan on riding right through the night for a sub-24hr time. The rules (such as they are) mean that there’s an essential carry list including a sleeping bag and shelter (tent/tarp/bivvy) so there’s a weight penalty regardless.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I’m doing the Bearbones 200 this weekend and it’s also a “bikepacking” event, even though many of the participants plan on riding right through the night for a sub-24hr time.

Planning and doing, can be very different at times Colin 😉

matt_outandabout

second night under a lorry.

Did I miss that bit?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bloody lovely place for a ride, bike packing or not.

Get over there, it’s stunning.

aP
    Free Member

It was epicly wet this year. although the sun did come out after two and a half days…

mugsys_m8

Should have come to the Torino Nice aP 😀

aP
    Free Member

@mugsys_m8 – hah! – we had looked at that. Think next year we’ll be doing Tuscany Roads in September…

celticdragon

@ AP, wasn’t it just! The pass off the top of the first mountain was horrendous when I went through it about 12ish. The slope leading leading down to the steps were even worse.

Despite me recording a DNF, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and am going back next year to “do it properly”!

aP
    Free Member

@celticdragon – we’re committed to other riding in late May/ early June 17 in the Dolomites, so I might be back for the TT in 18…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘'Bikepacking' in Tuscany’ is closed to new replies.