Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Bikepacking – Frame bags & Seat Bags
  • RestlessNative
    Free Member

Anyone managed to get any more details out of Alpkit on the frame bags?

jameso

I have an Alpkit bag, it’s done ~800 miles now. No signs of any wear and tear at all, it’s currently under a layer of clay and filth from this weekend. Really nice bag, 250g ish so light for a non VX fabric kind of bag, map pocket on one side std format main pocket, red liner’s a nice touch for finding stuff at the bottom. It’s lighter and more compact than my Buggybag (both made to fit the same frame, off the same basic template) and the Alpkit bag fit is really good. It was an early bag they made so not sure how they’ll change in future, but there’s nothing really needed.

motorman
    Free Member

So did alpkit used to do custom work?
    Is their new bag a one size fits all?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    d45yth
    Free Member

Look here: Alpkit News link
    There are a few prototype bags out there I think but there was a competition where if you sent a template for your frame, you could win a custom bag. This would be presented to you at the Welsh Ride Thing. I don’t know how my folk entered the competition but they will have the templates from those that did.
    As already discussed, I think they’re starting out with custom one’s very shortly and maybe we’ll see a few off the shelf models too.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

I emailed them, they are going to be custom bags and they are “working out the fiddly final details”.

motorman
    Free Member

Today’s win is for the £13 Ebay frame bag 8)

Will work well enough for now & allow use of both bottle racks until I get the custom ones made 🙂

Perfect fit

rudedog
    Free Member

I’d imagine that bench makes the steering a tad heavy 🙂

motorman
    Free Member

Beats sitting on a tarp when taking in the view & drinking beer 😉

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Alpkit have emailed today that they have an offer on frame bags.

motorman
    Free Member

Nice…I will have to wait until next week though as they are sold out of slots

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Bikepacking – Frame bags & Seat Bags’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts