Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • bikepacking frame bags – effect on piant ?
  • iainc

Just wondering, do these frame triangle type bags rub the paint off the top tube ?

I bought an SKS one a while ago and have never got round to using it. Most of my touring is on country roads with panniers…

rudedog
    Free Member

Yeah they do rub the paint – especially if they get mud/dirt under the straps. Easy way to prevent it is to tape the frame at the strap points.

antigee

^^
    same use one for light batteries, camera, food etc
    tape the frame

iainc

Thanks, will pop some helitape on, cheers.

Andy

Sand on a fatbike is deadly 🙁 I just use electrical tape as easy to take of afterwards

iainc

Revelate Tangle just ordered, to go with my Pika seatpack, which I have never actually used as its a bit small on its’s own. I can get my overnight B&B kit in the Pika ok but too tight to get some light squashy shoes into as well, hence planning to pop these into the frame bag, along with perhaps tools and tube.

The Tangle has long soft closures pics here , so I am reckoning on putting some insulating tape along the tubes where they will be in contact, and then taking tape off when not using the pack – cheaper and easier than helitaping for occasional use I guess.

kcal

Tangle isn’t so bad – load usually isn’t so heavy. Proper in frame bag, however, has lifted a lot of paint off my bike. Not bothered as it’s an old bike 🙂 My newer bike, when I was putting a Tangle like bag on, I used help tape at the obvious points.

iainc

^^ thanks for that, just ordered some blue electrical tape to match my frame colour 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘bikepacking frame bags – effect on piant ?’ is closed to new replies.