Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Bikepack bikepacking saddlebags – anybody gone one
  • PMK2060

I have just been looking on the bikepack website and their saddlebags look ideal.

Do any of you have any experience of these saddlebags?

paul78
    Free Member
    Ringo
    Free Member

If you mean the revelate ones linked above then yes they are very well made.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    WillC9999
    Free Member

One word: POLAND!
    There’s a guy out in the freezing steppes that makes brilliant kit for reasonable money.
    Cannot remember the URL but have a read through the bikeandbivi forum, he has photos on there.
    I have a saddlebag and bar bag, plus a small bag thingy on the top tube. Have yet to use in anger but they have the feel of very well throught out and long lasting kit.

thomthumb
    Free Member

http://www.bikepack.eu/

heard good reviews. friend has one – not inspected it but it looked good when riding with him.

I have a revelate one and it’s great. customs + handling fees make it expensive though.

I have a wildcat frame bag – & that’s great too. 😀

RestlessNative
    Free Member

I have one of the bikepack.eu saddle bags, not actually used it for bikepacking yet but I did throw some stuff in it and ride Innerleithen as a test and it was all still there at the end 🙂 Seems very well made and the guy who makes them was excellent to deal with.

Need to do some more testing with it before the WRT

PMK2060

Thanks for the responses. It was the bikepack.eu saddlebags i was looking at.

stevemorg2

I’ve had a saddle bag and a top-tube bag off Pawel – both are very well made and extremely good value.

teacake
    Free Member

Mine are getting posted today from Scott of Porcelain Rocket.

http://www.porcelainrocket.com/

Cass Gilbert (whileoutriding.com) uses them and rates them highly.

Rik
    Free Member

Teacake – what have you gone for from Scott and how do the prices work out like? As his websites a bit sparce at them moment…

Looks like a great option now Eric at Revelate has stopped making custom stuff

d45yth
    Free Member

OP – If you look in the general chat on Bike and Bivi I’ve a post on there called “My Bike with Bikepack Bags”. I struggle to post a link when using my phone for this, sorry! In short though they are quality and very big…mine’s a medium and it’s still cavernous! The price is right and no import tax either.

OCB
    Free Member

I’ve had a medium seatpack and a little ‘fueltank’ from Pawel- both bags are great and he’s a brilliant chap to deal with.

I had loads of e-mailed updates on how my bag was coming along, and no problems with the postage, stuff arrived very quickly.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Shame he’s out of stock of the bar bags… 🙁

shaggy

I’m on my second Revelate seat bag (Teetosugars has my first one now). They are really good. Porcelain Rocket seems pretty good also. Everyone else seems a bit behind.

boxelder

I’ve a Polish one and it seems excellent quality and great service. To be fully Cairngorm tested at Easter.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Does anyone know what the difference is between the fabrics on Pawel’s bags (i.e. the SL vs WX), other than the SL is lighter?

I’m sure the link to Dimension Polyant is informative if you know about sailing – but it’s all Greek to me 🙂

Rik
    Free Member

Just thicker/tougher grade material. All waterproof. I’d not go for the SL material in high wear areas. The stronger the better i think, they are all still ultralight

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Cheers Rik. Definitely in a high wear area!

Rik
    Free Member

Got a full custom gastank from Pawel – excellent service and a thoroughly nice and helpful chap.

but

then so is Eric at Revelate – i have a full custom frame bag (when he was still doing them), tangle bag, harness and seat pack. Just kept going back for more!! Its amazingly well made and a step up from Pawel’s stuff.

Erics – bombproof – you pay for the quality but well well worth it.
    Pawel – very good esp for the price

flatfish
    Free Member

Have you looked at Wildcat gear for bags?

I have an Epic/Revelate harness, whilst very good, the Wildcat mountain lion’s are streets ahead in stability.
    Of the two I own, the Wildcat is by far the better.

Frame bags are tip top quality too. I own two of these. I believe Pawel doesn’t make these, nor Revelate.

I’m awaiting their seat packs to possibly replace my Epic/Revelate pack.

PMK2060

I have a xl xtreme frame bag from rose bikes which although not huge is great for the money (£9.90) and holds plenty of equipment.

I think i will order a saddlebag from bikepack.eu for the summer.

swiss01
    Free Member

revelate for me and no complaints. for a frame bag i initially looked at wildcat but i couldn’t get any sort of service out of them so i got mine from buggy bags and it is bombproof.

rudedog
    Free Member

With an alpkit dry bag and 3 straps you can achieve something similar for a fraction of the price – definitely worth considering for those on a budget.

Rik
    Free Member

I considered wildcat for the custom frame bag even after several Revelate bags, the email response was quick and friendly.

But I didn’t use them as they didn’t have the access to the choice of materials like Revelate. Only small grade waterproofs zips compared to heavyweight waterproof zips from Eric (which I don’t think you can get in the Uk) only one choice of the vx material.

Short waiting times is a definite bonus as I waited 4 months for my bag from Eric but price was very similar even including import duty.

STATO
    Free Member

Ive got a set of bar and seat bags from bikepack.eu

Quality is fantastic
    Design is excellent (same as all the rest as far as i can tell)
    Price is WAY cheaper than any of the others mentioned so far

I actually have a set (F&R) of both medium and large, only used the large tho as my sleeping bag is quite large (as im a lanky git). Anyone want to buy the mediums off me?

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Hi yes i am after some mediums how much you after email in profile cheers.

ChrisG1975

@flatfish – interested to hear that your experience is that the Wildcat Mountain Lion bar bag is much more stable than the Revelate Harness. The Harness has three straps and so looked like it would be more robust/stable than the Mountain Lion with its two.

Definitely tempted by the Wildcat – they’ve been really good at responding by email. But I want a full bikepacking setup so can’t get everything from them (e.g. they don’t do seatbags yet), so just deliberating over what to get from them and what to get from Revelate.

Might swing me to get the frame bag and bar bag from Wildcat and a seatbag from Revelate…

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Bikepack bikepacking saddlebags – anybody gone one’ is closed to new replies.