Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Bikeinn.com – anyone used them?
  • wl
    Free Member

Just thinking of ordering something from them. Anyone had any experiences of them? They’re new to me. Ta v much.

thomthumb
    Free Member

based in spain.
    didn’t have what they said was in stock. took two weeks to get in stock.
    took 5 days for shipping.

I saved £3 though.

dovebiker

Used them a few times over the years – they’re pretty big and sometime don’t have stuff in stock so provided you’re happy to wait a few weeks they’re OK. Currently offering 15% discount if using paypal.

andyg1966

Yes “In Stock” item was not in stock. No notification just had to cancel after got bored of waiting. Potential £30 saving on a Monarch rear shock. Would not bother again.

Haze

Used them once, some time ago…may even have been RunnerInn?

Anyway, took them something like 3 months to exchange/refund a pair of Gore arm warmers.

Haven’t used them since.

ianbradbury

Bought ortlieb panniers from them. Cheap(ish, tis ortlieb), timeous delivery.

kormoran
    Free Member

Used trekkinn, same shop different sport. They were fine, everything came on time etc. I even returned an item, again all good, refunds came promptly. I would use again

5plusn8
    Free Member

Same. V slow whilst they backordered supposedly in stock items. When tjey did dispatch it was slow too. Won’t be rushing back.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Dont. Just dont. The £8 I tried to save went up in smoke when my brake pads didn’t arrive after 2 weeks & I had to buy them last minute whilst on holiday.
    Of course the yodel tracking stated they were delivered a few days before I left.
    They were on the mat when I returned after 3 weeks.

docgeoffyjones

Ordered some galfer rotors from them as could not find them anywhere else. delivery was fast considering it came from Spain.

damascus
    Free Member

I bought some xt brakes. Took an age to arrive. But they were original and boxed. It’s a great supplier if you are not in a rush!

trail_rat
    Free Member

My etrex came from them.

Took for ever !

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Used them before with no problems at all.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

About the only place that stocks Galfer pads, so I’ve bought from there a couple of times in the past.
    No problems considering international delivery. Less than a week if I remember correctly

wl
    Free Member

Cheers, folk. Won’t bother. Looking for cheap Zee brakes if anyone has a tip-off. Ta.

Junkyard
    Free Member

as above item not in stock refunded me after 3 weeks of me moaning and still had it listed as in stock on their website

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Used TrekInn once.

Never again.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

I bought some Dainese knee/ elbow protectors, but I ended up cancelling the order and received a full refund. Why?

I registered my details in their app, placed my order and I received the usual confirmation email.

So a week passed and I figured that I’d better log in to my account to check on my orders status.

No chance!

whwnever I tried to access my account, I’d get the ‘spinning arrows’ icon.

I even used their ‘contact us’ form to notify them that their site was not working.

I received an email back, requesting more details.

There was a blank space above the text of the email for this purpose, but it wouldn’t let me type anything!!’

I ‘got the fear’ and decided to bail out.

So I used their chat facility to bombard them with a request to cancel the order.

They were pretty quick in refunding my cash.
    Seems like someone was alive!

Unless they’ve repaired their app, id expect to hold my breath for a couple or three weeks, as the other posters have done, while the goods arrive.

aidensmith
    Free Member

I bought a jacket from trekkinn in November. It was a fairly obscure jacket and only a handful of online stores stocked it and, from previous experience, having the local outdoors shop order the item specially from the manufacturer takes forever.

Anyway, the item took quite a while to arrive but did finally get here. When it did arrive it did not correspond to the picture. I checked with the manufacturer and it turns out it was the same model but was two and half seasons old. I repeatedly tried contacting them via phone, but they don’t answer. Similarly, they don’t respond to emails. Eventually, I did get through to someone on the phone and she said that it was not their fault and that they didn’t specify what season the jacket was from. She additionally said that I would be liable to for the postage, but to email them again and explain the problem and that I might get a refund of the return shipping and outward shipping costs, which came to £27 altogether.

I emailed them numerous times after that and eventually they did respond. They told me that they weren’t going to do anything about it.

I’d recommend to avoid this company.

al2000

In contrast, I bought a Sugoi jacket from them last year. Turned up fairly quickly, all good.

I’d had it for a couple of weeks when I caught the liner in the zip and tore it. Would usually put this down to operator error, but it was particularly easy to do with this jacket, and the lining tore a bit too readily.

Mailed them and explained the situation, they asked for photos and after receiving them sent me a new jacket – very happy.

kimbers

Bought some mavic shoes from them arrived in a couple of weeks but all good

ta11pau1

I bought some motorbike leathers from motardinn last summer, same company just a different website – no issues at all.

ampthill

I had my card details taken used fraudulently. Advised it was likely to be from an online Sale.

It’s a weird account with not much activity. I have no proof but I think I can narrow the problem down 2 retailers. Trek Inn seems most likely of the 2.

spxxky
    Free Member

Bought some SRAM flat mount adapters this week… oredered Tuesday, arrived Friday 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Bikeinn.com – anyone used them?’ is closed to new replies.