Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • bikefit
  • januaryman2
    Free Member

im having a bike fit on wednesday are they worth the money or are they just a gimmick its only £50 and last about an hour should i have it suggestion please

Onzadog
    Free Member

Static or dynamic?

jam-bo

If its only £50 it’s probably not worth the money…

januaryman2
    Free Member

wat you mean static or dynamic wats this

mattyfez

Some places will take you out for a test ride on your bike, and observe posture etc in real world conditions as well as measuring you on a turbo trainer .. I guess that’s what they mean by dynamic as opposed to static where they’ll put your bike on a trainer and look a straight line posture rather than how you change when cornering etc.

damascus
    Free Member

Who is offering it? If it’s a deal with the bike like px sometimes offer then it might be worth it. If it’s just someone with different size stems then £50 might be a bit overpriced.

You get what you pay for.

A friend of mine used the bloke at Manchester bike arena, wasn’t cheap but he also does bike fits for a lot of pros. He’s got a list of specific measurements that he sets all his bikes up at. He says it’s better money than spending it on a better set of wheels. His knee problem was also fixed over night.

Another bloke I know who is retired had one done recently. He’d been using the data from over 20 years ago but he’s shrunk a bit and it was all wrong. Again, his injuries have started to clear up.

Depending on the bike fit and what they are offering it might be worth putting that £50 towards a better one.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Some will sit you on a turbo and measure lots of stuff and fit you to lots of formula in a static was, others will motion capture you in a dynamic range and look at the full range of movement when cycling.

An hour doesn’t seem very long. I’ve spent almost as long talking customers through a new bike and making adjustments in the shooting back when I used to work in one.

relliott6879
    Free Member

I had a basic bike fit done at On Yer Bike in Burnley a couple of weeks ago. They first measured me, using a laser on several points of my body, then did the same with my bike. They then plumbed my make and model of bike into their computer and it told them what distance from eachother various points on the bike needed to be and they adjusted it to suit.

The process took around an hour, the net result was that my saddle was lowered a tiny fraction and the stem was flipped so it rises rather than sits flat (although they said I could do with one with a 10 degree rise rather than the 7 I have now, but remaining at 110mm). I fully appreciate that these things can go a lot more in depth, but what I do know is that my bike is more comfortable and I now find climbing easier. For £25, I’m more than happy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘bikefit’ is closed to new replies.