Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bikediscount.de…any reason not to?
  • MoreCashThanDash

I’m pricing up some parts I need, and bikediscount.de seem to be about 20% cheaper than the usual UK suspects.

I’ve not used them before – any reason not to try them?

scaredypants

have you factored in delivery charges ?

I guess you might have to p[ay return postage to germany if there’s a problem

otherwise, crack on – loads of people seem to have used them (I’ve only bought small thinks from them and nothing that I’d imagined might “fail”)

mattjg
    Free Member

I’ve bought 2 sets of Shimano brakes and several tyres from bike-discount.de (same site?) and it’s been fine. One day longer in delivery no biggie. Bear in mind from euro sites brakes will probably come set the ‘wrong way’ around – right brake, long hose, will be rear. Switching XTs to UK setup is easy and can be done without a bleed if you’re deft.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’ve used them a few times, no issues. The inky reason not to buy only is to support your local bikeshop and uk jobs. If price is important buy from the cheapest online seller.

chiefgrooveguru

I’m in the process of building up a new bike, frame from my LBS and other bits from wherever I get them cheapest – however, when I’ve found good deals online I’ve asked my LBS and they’ve been able to match quite a lot of the big ticket items (forks, wheels, brakes). Always worth asking because if you’re a good customers it’s worth them selling something as long as there’s some profit in it rather than selling nothing! It looks like I’ll still be getting tyres and bits of drivetrain from bike-discount and CRC but most of the money’s going to the shop that’s doing the build and saves me from mechanical emergencies!

mattjg
    Free Member

uk jobs

there’s a long list of beneficiaries from overseas purchases: UPS … customs officers … doorbell retailers … 😉

mattjg
    Free Member

and if your neighbours accept packages for you, that’s really good for local community relations.

MoreCashThanDash

Thanks for the replies.

Just found most of what I want as a package deal on the Woolly Hat Shops ebay site – free postage as well. Can pick up the other items from Merlin.

Happy me, and the UK economy…. 😀

tomglass20
    Free Member

Bought pikes from them, great service and quick delivery

DanW
    Free Member

Bikediscount are awesome 😀 I’ve had items arrive before a CRC item ordered at the same time, free returns, quick replies to technical questions and warrantied a set of forks completely hassle free. If they have the item at the rights price it’s no different to CRC/ Wiggle (but sometimes with better customer service). Sometimes items sold through ebay even from established shops don’t come with a warranty so just watch out for that.

devash
    Free Member

Used em for a Fulcrum factory wheelset and was impressed with the speed of delivery and price.

I’ve heard that their warranty service is good enough for a mail order company too.

I try to use the LBS as much as possible though but the wheelset I was after was £100 cheaper from these guys.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bikediscount.de…any reason not to?’ is closed to new replies.