Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bike/car incident with a twist
  • rOcKeTdOg

just clicked on that and it has annoying adverts, so to avoid here’s the gist

the 33-year-old man was reported to have reduced levels of consciousness as well as multiple serious injuries and was taken to hospital by land ambulance.

West Mercia Police are now investigating claims that the pedal bike involved in the crash had been stolen shortly before the collision

RoterStern
    Free Member

Sounds like the Karma police got involved.

oldtalent
    Free Member

No ads here #ahem#
    Good result though if true, if indeed he did steal it, hopefully multiple serious injuries.
    No doubt the handwringers will disprove of this, he had a tough life etc. but bloody good result I say.

rOcKeTdOg

yea, but I wouldn’t want to have been the car driver involved, stolen bike or not

ossify

This just in: car driver was owner of the stolen bicycle 😉

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’m very much a hand-wringing leftie who believes that an awful lot of criminal activity is the result of societal problems.

That said, if someone nicked my bike and rode off on it, ignoring reasonable requests to return it, I’d probably chase him down in my car too.

D0NK

Good result though if true,

depending on whether ossify knows something or is just taking the piss, two possible scenarios* are:
    Aggrieved ex-bicyle owner chased down a bike thief and used their car as a deadly weapon to catch them (or possibly specifically to exact retribution)
    or
    some ****tard driver hit a cyclist who was JRA.

I’m not particularly happy with either of those two scenarios.

Wishing life changing injuries on someone for the theft of a bike is also pretty grim (and I have had a few bikes pinched)

*there are others.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Wishing life changing injuries on someone for the theft of a bike is also pretty grim

This is also a very good point.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Given the number of 999 calls reported, hopefully someone got the reg plate of the vehicle involved.

Would be ironic if it was the actual bike owner, good luck with that insurance claim on a presumably written off bike!

chipkorea
    Free Member

That reminds me of a story. Cut a long story short my old next door neighbour had an old car that had seen better days. One winter’s evening his headlights failed. He decides to risk driving home (London, lots of good street lighting.) Anyway, he comes round a corner and takes out this young teenage ped who ran out in front of him. He’s sat there shitting himself about the potential trouble he’s in, when next thing 3 other peds run up, haul the unhurt kid to his feet and start thanking my mate for stopping a mugger’s escape.

I share PJM’s mixed views. On the one hand the average mugger is someone who has had few chances in life and deserves society’s help, on the other there is no better story than when a mugger gets his come-uppance eg picks on an elderly gent who happens to have been known for the deadliest right hand in middleweight boxing back in the day.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bike/car incident with a twist’ is closed to new replies.