Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bikeability – Any instructors out there ??
  • doodlebug
    Free Member

Could anybody tell me if being a Bikeability instructor justifies a full time job ??

Think a lot of the instructors seem to be part time and just do hours to please there situation ?

Think if full time, i understand instructors could get in the region of £10 per hour ? 20k per year ?

Just thinking a little of a career move for 2010, get trained, insurance, first aid and the likes.

Could anybody advise ?

trailmonkey

You'll never get 40 hours a week. The only way to make a really good wage from it is by being the training provider. Not as complicated as it sounds, you can get on the relevant course via the CTC. You'll then get around £40 – £50 per trainee from the local authority to get them through level 2. Of course you'll have to do all the leg work and admin and provide the materials and most of the work you will be doing will essentially be sales but you'll be making money.
    Just be warned, the whole industry is a sea of absolute twunts, mainly at local authority level. After two years I'm glad that it's all behind me.

doodlebug
    Free Member

Big cheers trailmonkey – Now gave me something to think about / look into.
    After looking into it a bit, i thought 40 hours per week was not achievable….

jedi

its something i'm going to be doing too

doodlebug
    Free Member

Jedi – Have you taken / passed your bikeability training yet ?
    When i have looked into it, most training centres are booked up for months (Derby)…

jedi

i was about to book one but i have group coaching booked both weekends the course is on. waiting for next one

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bikeability – Any instructors out there ??’ is closed to new replies.