Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bike work stand….ttoo cheap must be crap??????£15.47 Delivered
  • proflexforever
    Free Member

Saw this on Amazon..
    can only find the one review on amazon..
    seems really cheap so im guessing its going to be crap..

STAND

wasnt sure if anyone had this style of stand, who can offer any more reviews.

cheeers guys

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not really sure what goes where. Looks unstable though

proflexforever
    Free Member

i “think” the bb sits in the little cup half way up the upright

Nobby

Yep – BB in lower cup, top of down tube in upper one & the bit in between is used to hold it in place.

I’ve seen a much more substantial one in use so cant actually comment on the one in the picture.

Edit: The Topeak one below which is £100 ish:

rob-jackson
    Free Member

same as the decathlon one that

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Looking for a cheap stand and went with this one.Once it was built up it sat a little squint on the ground and it’s a bit of a pain to get back wheel off because of the design of the stand.Apart from that I love it sits at a good height and the stand can take a fair bit of force before it moves.Folds up quite small as well pleased I bought it.It is a cheap stand but so far seems to be a good one.

Gotta be worth a punt for £15!!!

FuzzyWuzzy

Used to have one of that style ages ago (although the clamp went over the BB area rather than downtube as that one looks like). I found it OK although if you have exposed inner gear cable running down the downtube they can get compressed so make adjusting gears a PITA. The only other downside is they’re not height adjustable (at least the one I had wasn’t).
    Happy with my Feedback sports posh stand but was actually looking at getting a second stand like that as it’s a bit less faff for washing (especially on bikes with a dropper post as I can’t clamp it properly on my stand), they also give a bit more support when working on the BB. Would be interested to know how stable that £15 jobbie is…

jamiep
    Free Member

The BB holder is too small and so I hacked a bit off it. The hook to hold the downtube doesn’t inspire 100% confidence. Had a bike slip out of the BB holder and so ziptied around the BB as well as the hook

gonzy
    Free Member

i’ve used one that was similar in the past. found that they were ok but if your frame has a fat down tube then the spring loaded clamp may not fit around to secure the frame.
    but for £15 i suppose its worth a shot.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I had a similar decathlon one for £25, but it had a big plastic ratchet strap (like race shoes, but about 3x wider), OK apart from it didn’t work with bent downtubes or brake cables running under the BB.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bike work stand….ttoo cheap must be crap??????£15.47 Delivered’ is closed to new replies.