Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bike with coaster brakes and big tyres?
  • hazel123
    Free Member

Does that exist? I have slightly arthritic wrists and have problems using brake levers – so reckon I need a bike with back pedal coaster brakes. I used them in Holland and liked them. The only couple I’ve seen for sale are town bikes with thin tyres. I don’t expect they’re safe for mountain biking, but for general use and trails maybe. But would like something like a hybrid bike with 1.5″ tyres.

Anyone know of a hybrid bike with coaster brakes?

philjunior
    Free Member

I was thinking the same as oldeh

YoKaiser
    Free Member

The new Charge Cleaver too.

simon_g

Ikea Sladda bike has a rear coaster brake, front disc.

hazel123
    Free Member

Wow thanks! Great choice. Didn’t know Ikea did bikes – and it’s not a bad price. Couldn’t find out much about the Cleaver. The Klunker looks great – no gears 😮

hazel123
    Free Member

Thank you – that looks good. Seems it’s not released yet – I couldn’t find it on the Charge website.

I found a Gazelle Puur_Ni bike with hybrid tyres and back pedal brakes – but it weighs 20kg! There is also an expensive lighter weight Gazelle bike the “Van Stael”. I read somewhere it had back pedal brakes but on their website it doesn’t say that it say some other kind of brakes, so that’s confusing. Doesn’t have fat tyres but supposed to be ok as a hybrid bike.

StirlingCrispin
    StirlingCrispin

You can also buy Shimano Nexus 8-speed hubs with coaster brakes. Would be easy to build this into a wheel and fit to a frame such as On One Inbred.

Saccades
    Free Member

Wot he said.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bike with coaster brakes and big tyres?’ is closed to new replies.