Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bike Weights – A new standard ?
  • neiloxford
    Free Member

Should manufacturer exclude tyres and inner tubes like they do pedals from bike weight, makes a significant difference…

titusrider
    Free Member

Nope, next question….

not many manufacturers are fitting supper light tyre to DH bikes to try and sneak the weight down.

the true ‘new standard’ in bike weights is the top of the line cannondale trigger. Obscenely light for how capable it is

steve_b77
    Free Member

I thought you were about to mention the decimalisation of an imperial measurement.

It’s so frikkin annoying when people quote for example 29.8lbs, it’s not a real measurement; unless someone can correct me?

njee20
    Free Member

Eh, of course it’s ‘real’, what a stupid thing to say. It’s more accurate than 19lbs 4oz too, which is only accurate to 1/16th of a pound.

Always find it odd that a lot of US magazines quote everything in ounces. Lightweight foam grips: 1oz. Heavy foam grips: 1oz

After all 0.5oz isn’t real…

enfht
    Free Member

Bike weights became obsolete around the same time as (heavier) 29rs hit the shops.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Bike weights became obsolete around the same time as (heavier) 29rs hit the shops.

The first time bike weights became obsolete was when suspension went mainstream. Up until then bike weights had appeared on pretty much every spec sheet, and then almost overnight manufacturers decided that bike weight was no longer important.

enfht
    Free Member

Yeah but suspension was a positive improvement whereas 29rs were just heavier.

nikk
    Free Member

Obvious troll is obvious.

enfht
    Free Member

OK I admit it, 29rs aren’t heavier at all in the slightest.

Yes they are.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bike Weights – A new standard ?’ is closed to new replies.