Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Bike washing in the garden
  • Stevet1
    Free Member

Op – do you have a plastic cover on your sofa?

grahamg
    Free Member

I actually have sympathy – my wife’s biggest bugbear with bike washing is the little sticky oily lumps that, no matter where you wash the bike, seem to glue themselves to your foot and lead to oily carpet stains that then need tackling with GT85. Said oily lumps are obviously due to rather irregular degreasing/lubing and normally only over winter when I can’t face attempting it in the cold and dark, but still if this has been experienced just once by OP’s better half, then I quite understand.

If it’s just mud rather than consideration of ‘oily crap’, then I feel I must concur with the general view of the forum 😉

shortcut

I have been spending a lot of time living away from home and have concluded (since spending time in hotels and apartments) that bike washing in the bath is an entirely acceptable thing to do.

Just be careful with the shower screen.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Get her telt.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

To save myself getting any patio related grief I now resort to using the single use disposable bicycle. No bother if it’s dirty I just fly tip it or bung it over the neighbours hedge

shadowfax

Mumsnet would love this thread.

Tracey

I’m the designated bike washer in our house, usually four one after another, along with the ironing but not at the same time.

Prior to having our garage broken into last year and two bikes stolen I used to wash them on the pavement infront of the house and let all the filth go into the drain further down the road, I even had a bracket that clipped onto the fence to jam the wheel into.

Since then I have become paranoid on who may see them so have reverted to stealth washing round the back of the house either on the grass or on the patio.

After reading all this Im going to adapt my bracket so that I can now wash them at the top of the garden and utilise the pebbled bit that Kevin has never got round to landscaping since we moved the shed 10 years ago.

hairylegs
    Free Member

Tracey – Member

I’m the designated bike washer in our house, usually four one after another, along with the ironing but not at the same time.

Good to see there no gender stereotyping of household chores going on!

Exactly the same here, but I also get lumbered with the cooking, laundry and shopping. Teenage daughter has assumed dishwasher loading but the recent thread on that subject made me chuckle!

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Nedrapier, nope, but do you know all those burnt out cars on bits of wasteland etc….s’me that is

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Bike washing in the garden’ is closed to new replies.