Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bike wall hangers for garage
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Finally moved to a new house which has a garage and rather than waste floor space/have my bikes leaning on one another I think I’d rather store them on the wall. What’s the best way you have found to do this? I have an old bike boot mount rack which no longer fits my car, was thinking I could get a few hooks for the wall and mount the rack to them then use it as normal. My mtb doesn’t need the front wheel to stay on since I take it off to get it in the car, so I can have that one flush with the wall, then the other 2 have narrow bars/road bars so should fit on ok!

Any better/more stable solutions for 3 bikes?

thepodge
    Free Member

Cheap ladder hooks and hang them off the wall / ceiling by the front wheel

fatbobb
    Free Member

These hooks work a treat.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

for ease of use get the ones that the wheel sits in rather than hooks in to.

http://www.cyclehoop.com/product/bike-racks-and-cycle-stands/vertical-bike-rack/

I persevered with hook in ones but they were always agro so now mine are all on horizontal ones

thepodge
    Free Member

Never had a problem using standard hooks, maybe a bit fiddly but not as fiddly as getting 780 bars up some wonky 800mm wide steps out of the cellar.

http://www.wilko.com/tool-bags-boxes+storage/wilko-hook-storage-coated-red-large/invt/0161736

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I just got a whole load of storage hooks from B&Q, screwed into the brick wall and bikes hung by the wheel. On the plus side they were cheap and work. On the downside they struggle with anything heavier than a road bike as the wheel bends the hook. Maybe it’d work well with proper hooks that are designed for it.

Going back to the bigger hooks that hold 2x bikes by the top tube. That way I can get 2x bikes on the floor and 2x on hooks above them in the space by the car.

simon_g

I made a ripoff of the Velogrip system using a wardrobe rail and brackets hung from the garage joists, then S-hooks and velcro straps that go through the wheels.

No issues with any width of tyre (just use a longer strap for the fatter ones) and bikes can be turned to lie flatter against the wall if I need the space in the garage.

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve got 6 of these lined up. Not that cheap (although I paid way less than that), but they’re very secure (and I wasn’t screwing into brick, so wanted more than a single point of fixing) and don’t scuff anything.

Deal with 38mm road rims and 2.3″ MTB tyres, but much fatter and they’d struggle a bit.

Alternate front and back wheel and mount at varying heights to fit more in, but don’t overlap too much or it’s too much of a ballache to get anything by the ‘end’ bike out!

Sundayjumper

I’ve got a load of THESE screwed into the ceiling joists. Not sure how people struggle with them ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bike wall hangers for garage’ is closed to new replies.