Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • bike village holidays, reviews?
  • abrown
    Free Member

i am looking at doing a biking holiday and bikevillage looks pretty good, has anyone been with them that can shed some light? or anyone that wants to come?!

mrhoppy

Great riding area but Sam does go uphill, shuttles tend to be to put you in an area not at the top. We climbed over 6,000m in the week we were out and on 2 days did full uplifts. The food and accommodation is tops and the guides are all really friendly.

Grace
    Free Member

Been for the last 3 years…wish I found it sooner….Sam and Lindsey look after you like they’ve known you all their lives…the singletrack is to die for…but like Mr Hoppy says you will have to earn it…if you’re after uplifts and big rocky DH courses this isn’t the holiday…if you like a good mix of very long flowy and technical downhills – and dont mind the idea of getting a bit fitter…this is the best place in the world…enjoy!

abrown
    Free Member

it’s more cross country riding that i want to do so up hills aren’t a problem, although they look pretty severe! it all looks very nice on the site, will have to look at getting booked in! thanks

emmodd
    Free Member

Are they taking bookings for next year yet? Try to get together a group for hols and looking at these, trail addiction and white room chalet.

doodlebug
    Free Member

Spent two weeks with Bike Village, it was that good and enjoyable i could of easily spent a month there !!
    I went on my own and straight away i was made very welcome and had some of the best Al fresco dining imaginable.
    If you want uplifts every day and enjoy full body Armour down hill type of rides, Bike Village is not for you.
    Each and every day is so different and the satisfaction at the end of the day over a coffee and homemade cake if priceless …..

darrell
    Free Member

havenae been since 2004 but it was fantastic then and sounds just the same now

lionelblair
    Free Member

Second the positive comments. I’ve been to BV twice and had an amazing time on both. Incredible trails, nice people, delicious food..

RealMan
    Free Member

Been twice, can’t wait to go back sometime.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

from an entirely biased point of view (this year will be my 9th in a row – and i was chef last year), it’s about the best holiday you can have on a bike…

trails are just so good (climbing is part of the fun!), the farmhouse is lush, the guides are great and the food is awesome (ahem).

I could probably spread my wings and try riding elsewhere, but TBH the riding is right up my street, there’s loads and loads to do, and I don’t want to risk being disapointed!

Edit: a trail.

robarnold
    Free Member

I’ll second what Thor said, I too am a former BV employee who tends to linger on here from time to time.

The riding is beyond belief; everything from high exposure, trialsey singletrack to flowy, mellow,stuff that you can blast down at warp factor.

Amazing scenery, good food, great atmosphere. What else do you want!?

Mrs A and I are just back from BV on our honeymoon. Carlsberg don’t do honeymoons, but if they did………………..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘bike village holidays, reviews?’ is closed to new replies.