• This topic has 45 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hels.
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Bike V police van
  • Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Davis Vs Shrogin is your man.

If they do a u turn, when your too close ot avoid doing anyhting about it, it's their fault. Also as a vehicle, performing a manover, they owe a greater duty of care to you than you do to them.

They will probably offer a 50/50 suggesting you shouldn't overtake, but it's not illegal to go past a vehicle which has pulled over to the left, or we;d never get past parked motorists until they switch engines off.

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL @ most saying "you should claim" when if it's a trip/slip or similar (that university car park is a classic) it's all "MTFU", "get over it" etc

*YAWNS*

locomotive

In which direction was he indicating?

Assuming he was not indicating, would it not be fair to say you were both making assumptions about the presence and intentions of other road users?

Hope you are ok by the way.

yunki
    Free Member

No, He passed me on his left at a T junction further up the road. I then turned left onto same road and followed him. He pulled left, I moved right then bang.

he was probably coming back to nick you for not having correct lights..

I'm totally not understanding people telling you that you have a claim.. If I drive my car with no lights and get hit by another car do I still have a claim?
    How in the name of merry heck are people coming to the conclusion that you will get compensation?

wrightyson
    Free Member

As a thought if you'd been breathalised and had failed what would theydo next?? Read a story a couple of weeks ago about some old boy on his electric mobility scooter pissed who lost his licence!!

hels
    Free Member

Yes, I would chalk this one up to "phew the cop didn't do me for riding my bike pissed and in stealth mode" and slink off home if I were you.

But at least you are honest, and sounds like the cop was too so give the guy a break.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Bike V police van’ is closed to new replies.