Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike transport bag..which one and any good deals on them?
  • rockhopper70

So, heading to the alps this year and I was thinking of buying a bike bag after three years of hiring a hard box for the trip. This has proven to provide great protection but I suspect it is designed for road bikes as my FS needs quite a strip down to fit it in. Bit too dear to buy £250+ I think and rental is mounting up, moreso this time as off for a week rather than a weekend.
    But the hard shell appeals all the same.
    Any good compromises around? I’m not keen on doing the cardboard box route.
    Ta

rockhopper70

sunday night bump..

d45yth
    Free Member

I use an Evoc bag…still not cheap I suppose. I take the bars off, mech and rotors, then fold lengths of pipe lagging over the frame. The sides don’t seem that solid but everything’s always been unscathed. Its been on a few trips and it’s still like new. The wheels are a godsend too, especially if you’ve been used to carrying/dragging a box about.
    Hard boxes are too heavy imho, by the time I’ve put spare tyres, tools and shoes etc. my bag is usually approaching 30kg…the limit is 32kg, I wouldn’t be able to get a hard box under that weight, that’s if it even had the space for the extra stuff!

jun9lebunnie
    Free Member

+1 on the evoc bag, really well designed and kept my bike safe for a few trips accross the atlantic. Got mine from Merlin for £200

derekrides
    Free Member

There were some at ‘deal prices’ at the Bike show…Hard Case 50% off …

huw
    Free Member

The Evoc bag is one of the best I’ve seen and used.

doug_basqueMTB.com

The Evoc bag rocks. Big time. I don’t have one but wish I did. I use a CRC one and it’s OK, does the job, but is a hassle to wheel and needs plenty of padding round the bike.

nickdavies

I saw this thread earlier – then when looking at a few bits on rose this popped up:

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/rose-transport-set-xl/aid:294890

Not sure if it’s what you’re after but it’s a bit cheaper than most hardcases i’ve seen so I thought i’d stick it on a post incase.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike transport bag..which one and any good deals on them?’ is closed to new replies.