Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bike trailers with infants? What age? What seat for them?
  • wavejumper
    Free Member

I’ve just gone and got myself a Croozer bike trailer now that I find myself in the new parent club. I’m eager to get out on the bike with it but don’t want to cause harm to my daughter of course. What age can / do people start using bike trailers from? I was thinking smooth off road tarmac bike paths 1st before anything more bumpy?
    Also, I need to get an Infant sling for it. Are there good / better ones out there? What do you recommend?
    Cheers
    WJ

mrblobby
    Free Member

Had the infant sling in ours and our daughter in it from about 6 months I think. It’d be for sale now if a mouse hadn’t nested in it over winter in the shed 🙁

aracer
    Free Member

Used one from about 6 months with a car seat strapped in it, probably no reason not to use on earlier that way.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Ours were in the trailer going round GT as soon as they had good head control.

svensvenson

had a koolstop paposse kabosse, (I think that’s what it was called)weighed a ton, but all three kids rode in it, not at once though! I gave it to some friends and they’re on number three too…

In answer to your question, my son rode in his car seat in it from around two months old. Keep the tyres nice and soft for their little heads bouncing around though, he’s turned into a relatively normal 12 year old, although irritatingly he jumps things that I’m inclined to look at for a while first – then go down next to… so beware, I had thought I’d have longer before this happened.

boondock

We had ours in a Croozer infant sling at 4 months and she was fine. You’ll struggle to do anything too bumpy as the trailer unweights itself as you go over stuff and puts you a little out of control (at least that’s what I found). We recently did some of the blue trails at Llanhydrock which was fun with the trailer.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I just sold our croozer to a mate in exactly the same position as you, and like aracer i had a spare car seat strapped in there. Comfy as anything, but now the boy’s one he is so curious and wants to see everything and far prefers the front top tube seat

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’ve also used a car baby seat strapped into our Chariot for three of our 4 kids. I think I also started when they were around 3 months old. Even managed to tip the trailer over with my daughter inside. I was panicking like crazy as I righted the trailer and pulled off the rain cover to discover her smiling and cooing inside.

wavejumper
    Free Member

Great thanks for the replys. I may look at the car seat option as she’s about 4 months old. How do you get the straps to work on the car seat? Is it easy?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bike trailers with infants? What age? What seat for them?’ is closed to new replies.