Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Bike Trade in ?
  • gfrew88
    Free Member

Does anyone know of any UK shops (apart from Evans) who offer trade ins? Im trying to get rid of a 2014 carbon solo but i can’t seem to sell it i’m guessing the fact that its an XL may have something to do with it. Wanting to trade it for a new 5010 or bronson.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

If you can’t sell it then the price is too high. I’ll take it off you for a £

Bregante

Leisure lakes do (or did). At least at their Bury branch. They’re also a Santa Cruz dealer. No idea what sort of deal they offer but I can’t imagine that it’s the most cost effective way to do it.

downhilldave

Leisure Lakes used to, not sure if they still do.

carlos
    Free Member

Don’t Leisure Lakes take trade-ins?

Sure I remember seeing 2nd hand bikes in there, could be they sell on your behalf and take a %

gfrew88
    Free Member

its uo for £2500 its hardly too high for an xt build solo with kashima shock in good condition.
    I may just have to keep it

gfrew88
    Free Member

ill have a look at leisure lakes. I’m in scotland so its a bit of a journey also

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

gfrew88 – Member
    its uo for £2500 its hardly too high for an xt build solo with kashima shock in good condition.

….yeh, but if it hasn’t sold….

gfrew88
    Free Member

….yeh, but if it hasn’t sold….

I get your point, although i reckon its at a good price I’ve seen some frame only for £1800

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Split it down then; usually the best way to sell it if it’s all top notch stuff (I imagine it is!)

bikeneil
    Free Member

I’ve seen some frame only for £1800

For sale or sold? Big difference.

iainc

It’s a common problem with high end kit. Who wants to spend £2.5k on a carbon bike with no warranty ? It’s high risk for purchaser compared with taking finance or whatever to get a new one with warranty and peace of mind.

woodster

It’s too pricey. With the new model out and get top reviews and you’re selling a bike with no warranty, 10 speed XT and Revs for 2/3 of the price of a new model, warrantied bike with a better spec.

I’ve also seen your adverts and they lack info. Just copy and paste the same ad each time, but make sure it details the full spec and condition and servicing. No-one will want to email you to find that stuff out.

br
    Free Member

I may just have to keep it

If you are only swapping it ‘cos, then keep it and ride it.

tom.nash

Sadly the second hand market is rubbish; I ended up selling a carbon SB66c top spec for £1700. No warranty is a major issue for folk too, especially with carbon.

gfrew88
    Free Member

Sadly the second hand market is rubbish; I ended up selling a carbon SB66c top spec for £1700. No warranty is a major issue for folk too, especially with carbon.

I know mate I’m sure it will sell eventually.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I think your price is a bit high and your ads don’t have much info. Eg. 2.5k but you don’t say what wheels or fork are included. Pictures will help too – even if only to tempt offers on certain items in a split.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Price is too high, there have been a few sold XL 5010 frames that went for just under a grand each. The spec isn’t appealing for buyers with that much money

I’ve been watching them get lower and lower in price as I’m interested in one myself. All people will see without a blingy spec is they can get a new one for £500 more, with a warranty.

Doesn’t help the market got flooded with discounted CC frames with the Kashima shock for £1500 a few month ago too

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ve seen some frame only for £1800

With the normal approach of RRP/2 then depreciate for years owned thats ambitious.

superstu
    Free Member

From experience with cars isn’t the point of trade in that you get a hassle free exchange but on the flip side less than if you sold privately? With that in mind I think even if you found somewhere that did p-x you’d get even less for it than you already said you wouldn’t sell for.

I’d split it personally.

bencooper
    Free Member

From experience with cars isn’t the point of trade in that you get a hassle free exchange but on the flip side less than if you sold privately?

Yes, when I buy bikes I do it at a price I know I can make a profit on (or at least not make a loss) – some people are fine with that, to get rid of the bike and get some money right away.

For trade-ins though, I bung them on eBay – that way we get the fair market value.

I don’t get many MTB trade-ins, but in my experience getting 1/3 of RRP is typical. The depreciation on MTB stuff is ridiculous.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Bike Trade in ?’ is closed to new replies.