Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bike To Work Options
  • Torminalis
    Free Member

I have been approved for a bike to work bike through my employers scheme, I am restricted to Evans Crawley as the place from which to buy it. That is quite a long way away from where I live so is there anyone on here who knows what they have in stock, is it worth bothering etc.

We have a £1000 limit but I can top it up myself, any ideas on what they stock, any experiences of fantastic bargains and so on would be most appreciated.

Cheers!

simon_g

Just look on the Evans website – they’ll be able to get in any central stock or from other branches. They stock pretty much the full ranges of Cannondale, Commencal, Genesis, Kona, LaPierre, Scott, Specialized, Trek, etc.

Don’t expect a bargain though, most places will only do C2W on full retail price.

4ndyB
    Free Member

As above, most places will only do c2w at full RRP as the c2w scheme charge a 10% admin fee

5lab

i think the evans scheme allows you to buy sale bikes but I’m not sure. You won’t be limited to the store you have to buy it from (if it’s the full evans scheme) as long as it’s evans. You won’t be able to top up the voucher.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Evans let you buy at sale price as far as I know as they run their own scheme and therefore avoid the commission charged by CycleScheme (NOT a government agency by the way – a ltd company)

chriswilk
    Free Member

well, um – what do you want??

road, cross, hybrid, HT, full sus???

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Yep can buy any bike at the price they’re asking. As it happens I got my last one from the Crawley store but don’t know why you’ve been told to use that one. May as well go to the Gatwick one if going out that way.

Having heard about the recent changes in the scheme not sure I’d bother getting a bike through it now.

Torminalis
    Free Member

I am thinking a full susser, I have been riding about on my trusty P7 for years and am thinking that all the while we are getting a discount on a bike that I really don’t need, I might as well get a FS boingy type bike.

Evans Crawley because that is the one I have been told I have to use. I think that Crawley operates as a discount warehouse for all of the ex demo, returns etc. Thinking about a Rocky Mountain Altitude 50 if I can top it up. Was just wondering if anyone on here knew what sort of kit they have in stock in the sale/clearance/returns dept.

Changes to the scheme?

Thanks all.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Pauls cycles were very good when I got my cycle to work bike from them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bike To Work Options’ is closed to new replies.