Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • bike to work dilema…
  • meehaja
    Free Member

It's finally, here, after years of trying…

but what to get? I'd like a singlespeed, steel hardtail. Basically I currently run an on one 456 SS, and I want something similar but with some nice newer bits on for not much money through work. I was tempted by an Orange P7, but the spec on the P7s just seems pants (compared to, say the Crush which is the same price).

Most Singlespeeds come as frame only and seem to be corrected for 100mm forks (I currently run 150mm Marzochhi All mountain SL's), Do I accept that I probably don't need 6 inch forks, or do I stay with wha I know(and like).

How likely is a store (all terrain in Saltaire for example) to provide a frame, wheels and bits and call it a "bike" Is that the best route to go?

Help, I can't make decisions quickly at the best of times, but our cycle to work scheme has a end of july deadline!

Houns

Voodoo Wanga

ojom
    Free Member

How likely is a store (all terrain in Saltaire for example) to provide a frame, wheels and bits and call it a "bike" Is that the best route to go?

I would hope that seeing as you are naming them on the internet that they wouldn't want to break the rules of the scheme.

You cannot ride a frame and wheels and bits to work…. the scheme is not the way to buy this dream.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andrewh
    Free Member

You cannot ride a frame and wheels and bits to work….

All of my bikes are made of a frame and wheels and bits. I only ride one of them to work though. Well, two, but only one at a time.

ojom
    Free Member

You know what i mean. 😀

SamB
    Free Member

It depends on how your company runs the scheme – my workplace said "buy a bike that costs up to £1000, get a VAT receipt, put it on expenses and we'll sort it out". So I got a custom-build bike from Merlin with the specific kit that I wanted – if your company works the same way then a custom build bike might be the way to go.

ojom
    Free Member

I will edit my previous post here.

As long as you can roll a P7 out of the shop as a full build for £1000 then that's cool.

if it's parts you are buying under the scheme then no.

I misunderstood the OP. :noob:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘bike to work dilema…’ is closed to new replies.