Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • bike to work bike….
  • lovewookie

I’m kinda stuck, want (don’t need) a bike on our in house ran bike to work scheme, so have a theoretical budget of £1000.

Don’t want anything drop bar, don’t really get on with them, even though the idea of a gravellish bike is slightly appealing…it’ll just be a hybrid at the end of the day.

I’ve a 29er hardtail as my main bike, but was contemplating a rigid 27+, or hardtail 27+, but part of me thinks maybe something FS in the sales would be a nicer addition, as the plus bike may end up just being a very similar alternative to the bike I already have….

plus bikes I’m thinking of include (that are avaialable):

Genesis Tarn
    Pinnacle Ramin plus
    Orbea Loki
    A Stache 5 if I can find one.

FS bikes, I’ve no idea, but probably something more on the shorter travel trail type (i.e 130/140 rather than 160mm), or Id’ even consider something XC too.

If I could find a way of buying an old Cannodale prophet on B2W I would, but it doesn’t work that way..:-(

I’ve heard that folk have bought frames, or F&F packages on company ran B2W previoulsy, is it feasible to spec, source and build one bespoke as long as it’s under £1k?

ta

Gary_M
    Free Member

Surely the bike you buy will be dictated by what your route to work
    Is like?

lovewookie

yeah, of course 😉

tarmac for a mile in.

tarmac for a mile, then singletrack/tarmac, lanes, rooty rocky woods, double track, more woods for about 20 miles, on the way back. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘bike to work bike….’ is closed to new replies.