Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike to small
  • treklee
    Free Member

When I first got my high latitude I was chuffed and it rode brilliantly. But after 6 months it just feels to small. Tried a longer stem and a layback post but still feels cramped. I now fancy a change. As much as I love the steel frame, I can’t deny the value of the on one parkwood frame, it ticks all the boxes and would be simple to swap all my part straight over. I’ve run through all the geo, and the large definitely looks bigger then my 19″ genesis. What else is there for around the. Same price. 29er and I’m 6ft 2.

spev

Apart from the inbred, nothing much, geometry is different though. Ragley seem to be unable to get theirs out at all (now expected Autumn 2015)

br
    Free Member

The On-One 456 20″ HT frames fit me well (with a 50mm stem and no layback on the seatpost), and I’m 6’2″ too.

jonathan
    Free Member

The geometries are pretty different – different enough to make a size coparison between 19″ Latitude and large Parkwood quite tricky I’d have thought. The Parkwood does have a longer ETT, but due to slacker seat angle the ‘reach’ is shorter by about an inch (so will feel shorter stood up). BB on the Parkwood is also a centimetre higher and head angle 1.5 degree slacker than the Genesis.

Obviously the Parkwood is going to be a very different bike to ride the Latitude. I suspect it will feel a bit bigger when sat down, but not loads bigger. Parkwood’s style and head angle would suit more of a shorter stem than the Genesis too, so you may find you loose the extra length you were looking for there.

Sorry – that’s not actually very constructive help is it? 😉

treklee
    Free Member

It’s pretty much what I needed to be told.

And the only solution is to spend 2.5k on a full sus with 27.5″ wheels.

steezysix
    Free Member

Have you thought about just getting a bigger high latitude frame and swapping everything over? You could then sell the old frame and the difference would probably be less than the On-One.

Unless your intention is for us to talk you into a new bike, in which case the 2.5k full suss is really the only viable option.

danti

Fwiw – 5′ 11″ on a 18″ Fireline and it fits me fine (long torso and arms) running a 55mm stem and 711mm bars.

They’re a great bike, I would imagine quite a bit different to the HL, certainly more trail focussed than xc, I hate all these niche marketing bs different terms but you get the idea with slacker head angle, shorter stays etc, probably easier to flick around.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike to small’ is closed to new replies.